http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/se...ilout_bill.pdf
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Never could understand the public's anal focus on "bailout". It's a LOAN
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I want a multi billion dollar "loan"
      Its no fun without family

Comment

Originally posted by tool pimp View Post
        I want a multi billion dollar "loan"
        What kind of collateral do you have? I have a few Billion laying around...
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
          What kind of collateral do you have? I have a few Billion laying around...
          Yeah! You can just print some paper money from your inkjet
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
            Never could understand the public's anal focus on "bailout". It's a LOAN
            Auto Bailout Looming (From CFL)

...plans for a "car czar" seem to still be included as part of the deal. So, not only will your money be spent for the bailout, it will be used to pay a new government appointee, staff his office, and take care of the other requirements that come along with that job. (It also gives them one more person to shift the blame to when the problems continue.)

All of this is being done again, of course, out of "necessity," we are told. Just like buying up all the toxic assets was a "necessity" until the Treasury got the money and decided to spend it on everything but. This is what happens when the majority of Congress is not guided by any philosophy other than the one that says that government can cure all of our ills with just a little more money (or billions more).

How did your House rep vote? Jerry Lewis said NO!
            http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2008/roll690.xml
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I like how they paid all those "loan" monies to help out the banks and then how WaMu was bought out...and I just got this offer in the mail (junk mail) that says WaMu will give you $100 if you open up a checking account. Nice way to spend the loan!! However in small print, it does say you will be taxed on the $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                I just got this offer in the mail (junk mail) that says WaMu will give you $100 if you open up a checking account. Nice way to spend the loan!!
                What's wrong with that?
                [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Funny how quickly people forget. Until May of this year (when a Honda took over the position), the best selling vehicle in the United States was the Ford F-150 pickup. A position it's held for SIXTEEN YEARS...

So, for all the "green" bleating sheeple out there that claim that the "big three" can't make a competitive car - why should they - they already were. Up until the "oil shortage" and subsequent price gouging, people were perfectly happy passing up the existing high mileage offerings from the domestic manufacturers in favor of a half ton pickup....
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY
                    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

The big three aren't as bad as it seems go look at the frame failure on Toyota tocaomas and FJ cruisers.
                      No such thing at Ford, Dodge or Chevy, They did a terrible job of where the market was going to go.
                      As it stand every automaker in the world is hurting in a bad way. Overall the American auto industry has done a pretty good job of improving quality of their products. Some of their products score higher in quality than Mercedes or BMW as well as some Toyotas
                      So go figure, I hope they stay in business for the sake of all their past and present employees, a lot of peoples retirements are riding on it

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                        Funny how quickly people forget. Until May of this year (when a Honda took over the position), the best selling vehicle in the United States was the Ford F-150 pickup. A position it's held for SIXTEEN YEARS...
                        It is quite easy to be the number one seller if you practically give your product away. Huge rebates, employee pricing, and 0% financing is not synonymous with quality.

Over the years, I have bought several "domestic" trucks and quickly sold them due to endless problems. Besides quality, there is also customer service, which the Big 3 are left in the dust. I've had a VW with some elecrical problems and VW bought it back from me without any hassle. I've had a Subarus and Toyotas and, besides dead on reliability, I have always received excellent service from either the dealer or the manufacturer. Not so much with the Big 3.

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                        So, for all the "green" bleating sheeple out there that claim that the "big three" can't make a competitive car - why should they - they already were. Up until the "oil shortage" and subsequent price gouging, people were perfectly happy passing up the existing high mileage offerings from the domestic manufacturers in favor of a half ton pickup....
                        Nothing "green" about me. I like big engines and I don't care that much about mpg. If I did, I'd be driving a Mini. The fact remains that the Big 3 cannot build competitive vehicles. If you look outside of the US, you would understand. In other parts of the world, those same "imports" you see on our roads are in high demand, so with a diversified customer base, they are better positioned to weather the storm. As far as the "Big 3", they couldn't give their vehicle away in other countries if they tried. So, when you rely on one market and that market goes south, guess what happens?

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        The big three aren't as bad as it seems go look at the frame failure on Toyota tocaomas and FJ cruisers.
                        No such thing at Ford, Dodge or Chevy
                        And according to the net, Taco rear axles are prone to "blow up". The funny thing is that I own both a Taco and an FJ and I have never had a single problem, much less a frame failure. Don't believe the net.

Comment

I resent the bailout. All it can do is essentially pay Union workers to not work. If no one is buying the cars, what are they going to be working on? We can pay them to keep making them, but why?

I think what they ought to do is issue coupons to registered tax paying citizens for a free car or whatever amount of discount the math works out to be.

This way, Americans get a new car which is a huge help to just about anybody, the Auto industry gets paid to make something, and no one is idle.
                          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

they allready do that, it's called the welfare system, and plenty of people are still idle.
                            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I was thinking about the free new car thing also. Instead of a tax rebate give every american of driving age a new car. Will keep the car industry busy and allow the population to get around. Would be better if everybody got a fuel saber car of some sort for their regular transportation. Kinda like the pre ww2 volkswagen thing in Germany

Comment

Working...
                              X