Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trails Near Indio

I will be going to Indio to spend a few days with the family out of the normal grind. I was wondering what trails are in the area. Are the petroglyphs in the area?
    I thought the MJR members probably have this dialed. Thanks in advance.

Try to google "Fargo Trail", "Dale Mining District", and perhaps search here for Truckhaven.

I don't hear many from here going out there. The trails are pretty easy, except Truckhaven has everything. A little further south of Truckhaven you'll get to Anza Borrego (sp?)

A group that does go in that area a lot are the people from www.socal4x4geocachers.org Search on that website for some more info.

hth

Comment

North of Interstate 10 are the Fargo and Pinkham Trails. Sections of both are in Joshua Tree Natl Park. Both would be considered easy trails. Fargo Trail is in Rockhouse Canyon.

Also North of I10 are the 4 Wheel Trail and the Desert Hot Springs to Yucca Valley Trail.

4 Wheel Trail
      Location: Indio Hills - north of I10, south of Dillon Rd, west of Washinton
      Type of trail: point to point with in-n-outs of side canyons, some slots

DHS to YV Trail

About 15 miles South of Indio is The Bradshaw Trail, the Mecca Hills and the Orocopia Hills.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12576

Near La Quinta is the Boo Hoff Trail.

Dale Mining District is out by 29 Palms and Truckhaven is about 50 miles South on Hwy 86 at North Marina Dr.

I can post up some more maps tomorrow when I get to the shop.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Thanks for the info! I will be on my way tomorrow and returning Wednesday afternoon. It's supposed to rain...

Comment

South of indio is truckhaven.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Working...
          X