Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRIED to steal my JEEP!!

well last night I was enjoying a nice rum and coke and chating with a friend online. had to take a piss, when I was just about to zip up I heard my jeep start right out in front of my apartment.
    (this just gives me the creeps when ever I think about it)
    I yelled some profound things and took off outside to see who was going to be in the next mornings obituaries. Found my Jeeps passenger side door open and some fool run off down the street. They didnt steal anything (thank god) but jacked up my ignition lock assembly. Wow I was so mad and furious I couldnt stop shaking, and sobered up SUPER fast! I pulled the fuel pump fuse and tried to get some sleep. Yea right, how am I suppose to sleep after someone almost just stole my pride and joy.

-I am lucky though, I could not have been home, I could have been dead asleep, they could have stole my jeep... I was at the right place and the right time.

-going to go pick up my new keys and ignition and then head up to Bronco Peak with a couple guys and do some wheeling. Hopefully I can blow off some steam, but not in the form of tearing up my jeep.

new theft devices are in the work. Something along the lines with a flame thrower, guillotine and explosives.

no but really ill be installing a hidden switch to cut off my fuel pump and some sort of switch that goes to my ignition. fun stuff
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

wow good catch man!!! where was the 12 gauge pump when you needed it? i was thinking of a fuel pump shutoff for myself, my city has a huge car theft problem. one of the worst i saw was a guy whos doors had been stolen right off his jeep in a parking lot, the worst part is it was probably a jeeper that did it, or a jeeper bought them off the theif for their own rig.

but anyways, good luck with the shutoffs

Comment

thanks,

yea San Diego has been having a HUGE car theft problem. And the bad thing is, they go straight to mexico! I would roll over and die if my jeep was ever stolen.
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Wire a disconnect into the asd and fuelpump relais ground circuit. Will make it impossible to get it running and if done right near impossible to find

Comment

Wow I can feel for you. I would rather lose my Camaro, then my Cruiser. I keep the Cruiser locked up in the horse shed in the back. When gas went to $2.00 a few years back, caught a young man trying to steal my gas can. He didn't know I was there, when I came from the drivers side and buried my foot up his ass. He hit the ground and looked up at me, and I asked him if $10.00 worth of gas was worth getting his ass kicked. He ran liked the wind. After that I rarely leave it out front. Kevin.:wink:

Comment

Dude, that was a close call. I'm gald you chased them off. But you have to be careful, what if he was armed and you weren't?

We love our Jeeps but they're not worth dying for....
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              Wire a disconnect into the asd and fuelpump relais ground circuit. Will make it impossible to get it running and if done right near impossible to find
              We would install them in the door jam, open door light goes on, quick close the door, switch hidden. Make it look light a door switch and the experts won't find it.

B&T TJ

Comment

I cannot imagine hearing my jeep start up in the driveway, would freak and do the same as you. One time at work, I swore my jeep was on the opposite flow of freeway, took the next exit and floored it while calling home to make sure it was still there. My heart sunk to my knees until I confirmed it was at home. For now, a simple fix is to hardwire a cutoff switch.

Comment

jeep is worth dying for

I have put soooo much time, money and effort into that thing to just let it go. tonight I took out the fuel line fuse (wow what if the guy who wants my jeep is on here and knows what I am doing...) ok im paranoid now

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                    jeep is worth dying for

I have put soooo much time, money and effort into that thing to just let it go. tonight I took out the fuel line fuse (wow what if the guy who wants my jeep is on here and knows what I am doing...) ok im paranoid now
                    I've had 2 other vehicles stolen (towed & dropped to cool off), I know how you feel but they had a tracking device and "I got them back..." within hours of reporting stolen. I basic unit $$ wasn't bad, worth the cost to me.

B&T TJ

(Of course the Jeep has one)

Comment

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
                      wow good catch man!!! where was the 12 gauge pump when you needed it?
                      no you just need a good ol' huntin rifle and then you woudnt even have to go out side, just to the closest window.
                      :devil: Giffer

Comment

You all do realize you are telling the thieves where and how you put in the disconnects????

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          Dude, that was a close call. I'm gald you chased them off. But you have to be careful, what if he was armed and you weren't?

We love our Jeeps but they're not worth dying for....
                          The only thing necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing, You got to stand for what you believe in, or you don't stand for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                            You all do realize you are telling the thieves where and how you put in the disconnects????
                            doesnt matter, you think they are going to have enough time to put the hood up and search for what we did? dont think so. Its better than nothing

Comment

I will rent Tiny out to you....
                              Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                              Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
                              www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Working...
                              X