Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help us with our MINI BAJA SAE Project

Hey guys as some of you know i am studying to be an Electrical Engineer at UCR. I am also on the Society of Automotive Engineer's Mini Baja project.

I am i need of help from people who may be in contact with sponsors or may be able to help in sponsoring us in one way or another.

Right now I have a parts list of things that we need for our buggy. I will up date this thread with pics of our progress as it goes along as well.

Please post up or PM me if theres anyway you can help out thanks.

Parts we need:

(1) Driver seat. (Must be 5 point harness compatible)
    (1) Master Cylinder (Might have this one covered)
    (1) 5 point harness (We really need this one with a single metal-to-metal quick release lever type buckle. No camlock systems are allowed. It must meet either SFI Specification 16.5/16.1, or FIA specification 8853/98. The belts must bear the appropriate dated labels, and on Jan 1st of the competition year (2009) be no more than three years old.)
    (1) Set of wrist restraints
    (1) Pedal assembly
    (1) Set of ATV rear CV Axles with brakes (Anyone got something laying around or a hook up at Polaris etc ?)
    (2) Front Tires - 22/8-10
    (2) Rear Tires - 25/8-12
    (1) Fire Retardant Suit (L or XL)
    (1) Steering Column (Maybe something like this: http://polyperformance.com/shop/Poly...mn-p-1844.html)
    Also any associated fluids (Brake, oil, ATF, Gear, anything of the like) HotRodOil possibly?
    (A hand full) Misc heim/Flex/johnny joints...

Thanks for all your help as always guys.

-Allen and the UCR Mini Baja Team.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

I'll ask my UCR bosses at my half-UCR company if we can help out a UCR team... Couldn't you just ask for a job? We're hiring so hurry up and finish your degree already!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Sweet! Thanks Mat, we appreciate it.

haha I wish... Id love to move down to SD. Summer 09 or fall '10 Ill be done
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

We will be putting together a proposal within the next week, so if anyone would like to see that I can e-mail them a PDF version of it to look over with your respective company.

Also, If youd like you can see a copy of the rules here: www.sae.org/students/mbrules.pdf

and you can read more about Baja SAE here: http://students.sae.org/competitions/bajasae/

and I did find out that sponsorship promotion is just fine in the rule books. So if you would like to sponsor us, we have absolutely no problem running 1 or 2 decals from your company.

Anything will help us. Thanks again.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

You can find a copy of the Sponsorship Packet HERE

It is tax deductible

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
          X