Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metallica...

anyone pick up the new metallica album yet? any good (well, depends on what you consider "good")? i've heard excellent reviews about it, mostly from "old time fans" like myself, who prefer their constant grinding metallic thrash coupled with machine-gun paced drumming, instead of the musical, slow-paced, eclectic junk that they have been releasing for the past 10 years (just MY opinion )

will be redeeming to hear something new and powerful from the Mighty Met, now that thrash metal has all but disappeared from the face of the planet.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
    anyone pick up the new metallica album yet? any good (well, depends on what you consider "good")? i've heard excellent reviews about it, mostly from "old time fans" like myself, who prefer their constant grinding metallic thrash coupled with machine-gun paced drumming, instead of the musical, slow-paced, eclectic junk that they have been releasing for the past 10 years (just MY opinion )

will be redeeming to hear something new and powerful from the Mighty Met, now that thrash metal has all but disappeared from the face of the planet.
    New album is awesome. Better than some of the old shit.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

just checked out a large sample of most of their new release from their website.

wow...yes. oh yes. this is what metallica was supposed to sound like in 2008 if they had actually released 3 or 4 heavy metal albums after Justice in 1988, and actually developed their sound throughout the 90's. Instead, they had released a whole bunch of junk for 15 years, and come back with a release that is a solid, absolutely driving, thrash album that cannot be mistaken for metallica, even with what I hear is an influence from recent Tool and Dream Theater work.

excellent album (what i've heard so far). i can't wait to give the album a thorough listen from cover to cover over the weekend, but i can already tell that it will become one of my favorites, and I now remember why they were always called "Mighty Met" back in the day.

definitely like 25 steps in the right direction, and right where they should be.

Comment

good to hear, I caught a sample, and it was just a pretty intro. it reminded me of earlier intro stuff so I thought WTF? but the sample cut short before the thrashing could begin, so then I was wondering what they (promo people) were thinking! I picked up St Anger for like $5- and then went back and asked for my $5- back, but no good... you wanna see sum thrashing? every Met fan did sum thrashing when they herd that damn album! :devil: I'll go pick it up, yer guys rep is on da line now...
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Mtallica died in the early eighties...

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post

Scott
            yeah but Metallica is still alive today
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post

Scott

For whom the Bell tolls.....
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I live 1 mile from the new citizen sports arena. concert is there Dec 12 and i didnt have the funds to buy the 78.00 ea ticket plus the BS of about 20 ea. 100.00 a ticket.. man things are getting expensive. Ive been a HUGE metallica fan for nearly 20 yrs and if a ticket comes my way from now til then i may pick it up, but NO i didnt buy a ticket yet....

There new album is 10x better than there previous 2 crap albums
                1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Heard some of the new CD on Mark & Brian a few days ago...sounded REALLY good!
                  -Bob
                  '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

I'm a huge MetallicA fan... Let's put it this way... It's about 1000x better then St. Anger... Song writing reminds me of MOP/AJFA... sound is a little more reminiscent of St. Anger (minus tin can drums) though, which isn't a bad thing.

It's definitely worth buying, in fact, I bought the $150 version:
                    http://www.metxxxpage.com/blog/2008/...offin-box-set/

My favorite songs are:
                    Track 3 - Broken, Beat & Scarred
                    Track 4 - The Day That Never Comes (although played too much on the radio)
                    Track 5 - All Nightmare Long
                    Track 7 - The Unforgiven III
                    Track 8 - The Judas Kiss

Why don't you give it a listen before you buy it? I'm sure you'll find it worth it and spend $9.99 (on sale this week):
                    http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601231
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                      Why don't you give it a listen before you buy it? I'm sure you'll find it worth it and spend $9.99 (on sale this week)
                      i just listened to the whole album from their website today.

it is awesome. I will be acquiring a copy this weekend.

Comment

I guess I gotta go against the grain.

I hate them. Never heard anything from them that didn't give me a headach.

Sorry.:thumbs_do

Comment

Originally posted by chris142 View Post
                          I guess I gotta go against the grain.

I hate them. Never heard anything from them that didn't give me a headach.

Sorry.:thumbs_do
                          To each his own! :thumbs_up

To tell you the truth, I'm amazed nobody else has come in with 'tallica hate until now!

ROCK ON!

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                            To each his own! :thumbs_up

To tell you the truth, I'm amazed nobody else has come in with 'tallica hate until now!

ROCK ON!
                            sad but true
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                              I live 1 mile from the new citizen sports arena. concert is there Dec 12 and i didnt have the funds to buy the 78.00 ea ticket plus the BS of about 20 ea. 100.00 a ticket.. man things are getting expensive. Ive been a HUGE metallica fan for nearly 20 yrs and if a ticket comes my way from now til then i may pick it up, but NO i didnt buy a ticket yet....

There new album is 10x better than there previous 2 crap albums
                              I had never heard of that new place until I saw MetallicA were playing there. I have tickets to the Cox Arena show in SD and still may buy tickets to that one on Dec. 12th.

Ticket prices are actually the same as they were in 2005 in most venues. MetallicA specifically requested they not be raised according to the e-mail I got about pre-sale tickets.

Comment

Working...
                              X