Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollin on Dubs, Yo...

I just got 38.5x14.50's for my TJ....wooo...the 20's will take some getting used to, but I think I can handle it....

Check it out!

We also regeared me to 5.38, and it feels perfect. The Jeep drives great, but I know I'm gonna have to do some trimming in the back. In the last picture you can see Chris's new 38.5x14.50 TSL/SX's
    '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Are you going from rock crawler too mall crawler???j/k lol I would sure hate to be the one too scratch those nice wheels up in the rocks. Why does that TJ have leafsprngs on the back of it??"Im confused" Is that a dana 30 up front also I cant tell. If it is how is that going to do with such a big tire I thought d30 limit was a 35".
    Last edited by Jeeperator; 09-15-08, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
      Are you going from rock crawler too mall crawler???j/k lol I would sure hate to be the one too scratch those nice wheels up in the rocks. Why does that TJ have leafsprngs on the back of it??"Im confused" Is that a dana 30 up front also I cant tell. If it is how is that going to do with such a big tire I thought d30 limit was a 35".
      No, No.....No Dana 30 up front.

That would be my Jonco...from the frame up it's a TJ, from the frame down it's a '79 Bronco. That would be a full-width High pinion Dana 44 up front with Warn Chromoly axles, CTMs, and a Detroit, and in the rear it's a welded Ford 9", soon to have 35-spline Chromoly axles and spool. The front suspension is all Ford Radius arms, and the rear is Sprung-over leaf spring with RE 1.5" spring-over springs and a Sam's Offroad HD Traction Bar. Soon the front will have 34" Rancho RSX9000 Remote Resi coil-overs, and the rear will have just traditional 15" travel remote resi shocks.

I didn't pay that much for the tires and wheels (you don't want to know...it would just make you cry), and so I'm not gonna feel bad when I scratch them.
      '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Hahahaha, that's badass. Can't wait to see some action shots!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Can't you burn in hell for putting a Bronco frame under a Jeep?

I'm sure I read that somewhere in the Bible....
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Can't you burn in hell for putting a Bronco frame under a Jeep?

I'm sure I read that somewhere in the Bible....
            It's a TJ frame. Just a Bronco Suspension.

Every heard the saying?

"It USED to be a Jeep thing, but all that shit broke...."

Comment

Oh okay! Thanks for the clarification, you had me worried. . .
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

personally, I think the best looking part of that jeep is the front license plate, we all know you use it now...
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                  personally, I think the best looking part of that jeep is the front license plate, we all know you use it now...
                  I thought about taking it off and banging it back straight with a hammer, but it'll just get jacked up again. Since I *have* to have it, I just leave it like that.

Comment

[QUOTE=peteyg;111365 Since I *have* to have it, I just leave it like that.[/QUOTE]

Not only do you have to have it, it has to be "maintained in a condition so as to be clearly legible" CVC 5201. Oh well, at least you have one!

Comment

Yeah, I know, but it's very unlikely that I'll be able to achieve that condition again without having the plates replaced (which I know I can do, but don't really have any desire to).

My TJ is only sort of maybe street legal, anyway. I'm good on frame height, but the headlights are probably too tall, and the tires stick out WAY too far.

Comment

YO... all you need now is a gold tooth or two.
                        All slow and no show

Comment

Working...
                        X