Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2000 Wrangler project

My 2000 wrangler project

Well I got myself a new jeep project as of a few months ago and have been working on it steadily .I Purchased a 2000 wrangler from a friend of mine that he wrecked ,and his Insurance was going to salvaged .
    My brother and I got it home the first day and started tearing it down , We removed both fenders the hood and the front Diff. housing and accessed more damage .
    The frame is bent and the transfer case was busted in half (which we already knew ).
    I was able to find A transfer case From Chris (Duke69), He was nice enough to meet me Half way up the freeway to pick it up ,and I got it installed the next day .
    The front Housing was bent and I got lucky that my brother had one that would fit at his shop .It was out of a older Cherokee that had a Low pinion housing ,we had to order a new 4:10 gear set for it since the pinions are different ,not to big of a deal .We got that installed so that it was able to sit back on the tires so that we were able to move it around
    After that I sent it to the body shop to get the frame straightened out . it had a twist in it so that the springs and arms did not fit correctly .
    We then ordered all the body parts that we needed for it new wheels tires,windshieldframe and the grill and installed them this last weekend .It is know at a friends house that is going to do all the small body work and paint it ,he thinks that he should be done by this weekend coming up ,then it back to putting all the lights,flairs,tire rack and bumpers back on .
    Just a little about the jeep before I got it , It has a 6” long arm kit trhat is only 6 moths old before I purchased the jeep,slip yoke eliminator,lockers front and rear ,and 4:10 gears ,A/C ,hard top and a tire carrier
    Im going to keep the paint color stock white and go back to OEM flairs ,Tire size is 315x75x16 Toyo Open country M/T s ,with Ultra 185 wheels
    With a lot of help from my brother and friends we should have this project close to being done by the end of Sept .08 .
    Pics coming soon
    A clean jeep is the sign of a sick mind

project pics

start of tear down

New wheels and tires

Going back together with the front clip

Sorry some of the pics are side ways and I dont know why and and Im not Comp. literate enough to even try and figure out how to turn them .
    Last edited by sarah; 09-10-08, 10:27 AM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

nice it looks like fun
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Awesome! Is this going to be your new jeep, or your backup jeep?
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
          Awesome! Is this going to be your new jeep, or your backup jeep?
          It will be a daily driver ,I just havent figured out who is going to be driving it , I dont want to drive it to the cement plant because it will just get hammered like the black one ,MY oldest daught (Jacinda ) will be driving soon and I dont think I want her to drive it (insurence,stability ,ETC) ,so I guess Barb might get it most of the time .Oh well I guess now we will be a his and hers jeep Family (trying to keep up with the Jones )

Comment

Originally posted by bullseye View Post
            It will be a daily driver ,I just havent figured out who is going to be driving it , I dont want to drive it to the cement plant because it will just get hammered like the black one ,MY oldest daught (Jacinda ) will be driving soon and I dont think I want her to drive it (insurence,stability ,ETC) ,so I guess Barb might get it most of the time .Oh well I guess now we will be a his and hers jeep Family (trying to keep up with the Jones )
            Awwww! Sweet! Maybe you can give Jacinda the demolition derby car! (don't tell her I said that, hehe)
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I need to bug Jackie Jay about getting some Kat Crane stickers too. Hehe

Comment

Anymore updated pics of that stolen Jeep. I know you got it painted lets see. I thought you painted it white so you could drive it to the plant?
                Last edited by Jeepfunatic; 09-16-08, 09:12 PM.
                God Forgives, Rocks dont!!
                4x4him.org

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepfunatic View Post
                  Anymore updated pics of that stolen Jeep. I know you got it painted lets see. I thought you painted it white so you could drive it to the plant?
                  Whats up "D" , I did get get it back from the pqainter ,but havent had time to do anything to it this week yet , Hopefully I can get out of the plant early enough to work on it tonight . Have A good Vacation and hope you get your jeep done .later

Comment

Originally posted by bullseye View Post
                    Hopefully I can get out of the plant early enough to work on it tonight .
                    :haha: I say that every time I'm there. Those tires are sweet! I like the extra side lugs on them.
                    4x4him.org

Comment

Well Im almost done with my jeep ,it coming close to an end a few more things to do and a few more small parts are on the way .Im finishing up the bumpers ,need some shackel blocks to weld on the front ,mounting brackets and reciever tube for the rear and hood latchs that areon their way .

Comment

looks like nothing ever happened!
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                          looks like nothing ever happened!
                          Thanks T Raider,it has been a project, we got a lot done in a short time ,Ive only had it for 2 months now .
                          Nice meeting you out at the rock crawls .

Comment

Looks good man! I guess you now have a sick mind. I didnt realize how high that thing was.... I'm guessing those are 5.5 springs?
                            Last edited by Jeepfunatic; 09-23-08, 09:35 PM.
                            4x4him.org

Comment

Yeah that thing is way up there . . . wonder how much it'll settle?
                              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                              X