Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting near my house last night

Was out in my driveway having a beer and a smoke and heard what sounded like someone emptying a 10 round magazine. First thought was illegal fireworks since I had seen a couple pop up throughout the evening. Then I heard the blood curling scream from a female. I went inside and grabbed my phone. I went back outside and the police were already flying down the main drag at top speed. Grabbed my police scanner as they were showing up on the scene. Did not hear the circumstances but heard there were two gun shot victims. 31YO female shot in the thigh and the foot. 13YO male shot in the upper right chest with an exit wound out the back. A little bit after the EMTs showed up they confirmed the 13YO male was also shot in the butt. All the scanner said was a small caliber weapon. EMTs got the people stabilized and were waiting for the medi-vac chopper. Then another call came in. At the gas station that I can see from my front yard a guy walked in with a gunshot wound to the foot. More cops and EMTs took care of that guy. They drove him to the hospital. Saw the medi-vac fly over and pick up the other two and then I went in to bed. Never heard if they were looking for a shooter or if the people that were injured were all that were involved.

The only thing I could find on the shooting in the news online.

CALIFORNIA CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT
    8-30-08
    On 8-29-08 at about 9: 48 P.M. the California City Police Department responded to a shots fired call in the 20600 blk. of 83rd. St. When they arrived they found a 14 year old black male juvenile that had been shot in the upper chest. Jamesia Walley age 31, was shot in the upper left thigh and left foot. The juvenile and Walley were airlifted to Kern Medical Center. They are listed as fair and stable as of 0900 this morning.
    During the investigation 7 guns were seized including a Marlin lever action .44 cal rifle stolen out of Palmdale and a Ruger .22 cal rifle stolen out of California City. A military flak jacket with plate was also found at the scene.
    Ricky Desean Wilson age 19, a known and identified Ville gang member was connected to the shooting and arrested for Attempt murder and participation in a criminal street gang. The investigation is still in progress.
    Lt. Ron Bell
    California City Police Department
    Dennis
    04 TJ
    4.0/Auto
    RE 4.5 Long Arm
    Rock-It Man Rockers
    33x12.50 BFG A/T
    desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Gang activity in California City?? Is there no place free from gangs? How the hell did we let our country fall so far?
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      How the hell did we let our country fall so far?
      The problem as I see it is right there in the wording . . . "a known and identified Ville gang member". If he's a known and identified gang member, then he should be DEAD. When did the rights of these criminals become more important than the rights of the rest of us? The violent crime in this county is out of control, yet the bleeding hearts can't imagine doing anything that might actually discourage this type of behavior. Not too long ago I read an article about a guy that killed a woman by bludgeoning her with a hammer . . . the woman was so badly beaten, they had to use things like dental records to identify her . . . but leathel injection for the man responsible was too cruel. This stuff makes me crazy . . . who comes up with this crap? Sooner or later, citizens are going to have to step up and start taking care of this crap ourselves.
      Last edited by Schmo; 08-31-08, 08:29 AM.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

The only thing these bleeding heart liberals have done; is try to take away our rights to defend ourselves. For some reason, they seem to think that people breaking the law will somehow abide by a law that says they can't have guns. So if they take away [all] the guns, these CRIMINALS will give up their guns too. Again, it's their fantasy world, I just refuse to live in it.

I also blame the media for glorifying the "thug lifestyle". I further blame fathers for not owning up to their end of the responsibility with these kids. However, these days it seems the fathers also belong to the gangs and it's a repetitive cycle. I have no idea how to break it, but am open to suggestions.
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
          For some reason, they seem to think that people breaking the law will somehow abide by a law that says they can't have guns. So if they take away [all] the guns, these CRIMINALS will give up their guns too.

I have no idea how to break it, but am open to suggestions.

These pro gun control people don't seem to get it. . . fact is most of the guys running around commiting crimes with guns are felons anyway and aren't allowed to have guns as it is. Maybe we should focus on enforcing the laws that we already have and actually apply punishment that suits the crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
            These pro gun control people don't seem to get it. . . fact is most of the guys running around commiting crimes with guns are felons anyway and aren't allowed to have guns as it is. Maybe we should focus on enforcing the laws that we already have and actually apply punishment that suits the crime.
            Absolutely. There's a fresh idea! Actually enforce the laws that are on the books! I don't think we have enough cops for that do we?
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

but like it said about the guns in this situation, they were stolen. and if you are able to steal a couple of guns then the gun owner is not being responsible and thats where everyone is going to get screwed. i dont know about you guys but my guns are always locked up unless im at the range or out hunting.
              :devil: Giffer

Comment

From what I have heard the Mayor of Cal City went down to Compton and Watts about six years ago when the population was dropping because of drawdowns on the base. He told the LA folks to get away from the gangs and live cheaply in Cal City. Problem is they brought their gangs with them. The cops have been trying to get it under control. A few months back they and other local communities did 300 raids over a 4 month period. A bunch of the baddies just packed up and left thinking they were next.

My AR and Glock are loaded in the safe ready to go if needed.
                Dennis
                04 TJ
                4.0/Auto
                RE 4.5 Long Arm
                Rock-It Man Rockers
                33x12.50 BFG A/T

Comment

Guns and Taco's ?

When Tacos are outlawed, only outlaws will have tacos.
                  I don't know about you, I'm "clinging" to my taco's.
                  "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Guns locked in a safe can not help you. They need to out of reach of children, but if yu have a situation that requires a firearm, you need it immediately. So while I keep my guns in my safe, both my wife and I have pistols handy. The quickest respnse from a SBCO Sheriff's deputy is one hour. We can't depend on them to protect us. If we don't protect ourselves, no one will...
                    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                    MJR moderator
                    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

AMEN BROTHER! We have the same response time here in A.V. from the Sheriff... not gonna help.
                      Best, Max7

Guns locked in a safe can not help you. They need to out of reach of children, but if yu have a situation that requires a firearm, you need it immediately. So while I keep my guns in my safe, both my wife and I have pistols handy. The quickest respnse from a SBCO Sheriff's deputy is one hour. We can't depend on them to protect us. If we don't protect ourselves, no one will...
                      Last edited by Max7; 08-31-08, 04:25 PM.
                      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

For city life, I prefer the good ole 12 gauge pump...with a short barrel and fold away stock, it's nice and manouverable, and is less likely go thru a wall or two and kill my neighbor. I like to keep a round of bird load, followed by double odd buck, just in case you need to warn somebody and to minimize the risk to neighbors if you're in a condo like I am. Best part though is the unmistakeable sound the pump makes . . . if somebody hears that noise and still comes in . . . I'll have no regrets.

Comment

As far as my guns loaded and ready in the safe, it is unlocked when home and locked when we leave. I am going to be turning in my application for concealed carry soon, so if I get it I will be armed at all times. My next purchase is going to be a shotgun. I am looking at the Mossberg 590A1. It will be stored in a different place. AR was $1300 so it doesn't get left out unsecure. Neighborhood is not that bad where i feel I need to have a gun next to me when watching TV.

I live a mile away from the Police Department so response time is good. When my crazy neighbor where I used to live kicked in my door they were there within minutes. Even at the shooting the other night they were there within minutes.
                          Dennis
                          04 TJ
                          4.0/Auto
                          RE 4.5 Long Arm
                          Rock-It Man Rockers
                          33x12.50 BFG A/T

Comment

BANG before cycle ?

I would like to pose the argument... if I already have a round chambered it is one less movement I have to make, if me or my families life is in immediate danger and the M.F.er is already in my home be sure that the trigger will be pulled before the forearm. In this order: 00(warning), Slug(kill),Slug(kill),Slug(kill),Slug(kill),Slug(k ill),Slug(kill),Slug(kill),Slug(kill).

Granted, I don't live in a condo, I live in the country, ain't got many neighbors (right Scott?) and hate folks that are in my home that were not invited. LOL JMHO-
                            Best, Max7

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                            For city life, I prefer the good ole 12 gauge pump...with a short barrel and fold away stock, it's nice and manouverable, and is less likely go thru a wall or two and kill my neighbor. I like to keep a round of bird load, followed by double odd buck, just in case you need to warn somebody and to minimize the risk to neighbors if you're in a condo like I am. Best part though is the unmistakeable sound the pump makes . . . if somebody hears that noise and still comes in . . . I'll have no regrets.
                            Last edited by Max7; 08-31-08, 06:13 PM. Reason: colon problem

Comment

Cwp

Nice choices! Especially for the C.W.P. YOU will make this country safer!
                              Best, Max7

Originally posted by Deamer View Post
                              As far as my guns loaded and ready in the safe, it is unlocked when home and locked when we leave. I am going to be turning in my application for concealed carry soon, so if I get it I will be armed at all times. My next purchase is going to be a shotgun. I am looking at the Mossberg 590A1. It will be stored in a different place. AR was $1300 so it doesn't get left out unsecure. Neighborhood is not that bad where i feel I need to have a gun next to me when watching TV.

I live a mile away from the Police Department so response time is good. When my crazy neighbor where I used to live kicked in my door they were there within minutes. Even at the shooting the other night they were there within minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X