Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with other hobbies

As some of you know, I'm pretty heavily involved in flying R/C aircraft. A buddy of mine (Park Ranger in Florida) has an electric powered plane with a small "USB" camera on it. Occasionally we tend to forget to charge the flight batteries....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLpsNhpCAh4
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

that was a cool vid.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

That is so geeky!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Lol
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY

Comment

I fly R/C Helos... sans cameras. Don't want all my crash landings on youtube...
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

rat, where do you fly - we may have been on the same field without knowing it

Field of Dreams
            El Dorado
            Gridley
            Arbor Park
            Whittier Narrows (glow)
            Sepluveda Basin (rarely)
            Last edited by Old Fart; 07-09-08, 12:55 PM.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY

Comment

to funny, the fish made me crack up great vid.

Comment

I've considered putting one of those small "thumb drive" sized cameras on a few of my planes for laughs - be curious to see what a 140 mph dive on the Wing looks like from the plane's perspective.
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY

Comment

AWSOME i love it. now if only i could afford another hobby!!
                  :devil: Giffer

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                    rat, where do you fly - we may have been on the same field without knowing it

Field of Dreams
                    El Dorado
                    Gridley
                    Arbor Park
                    Whittier Narrows (glow)
                    Sepluveda Basin (rarely)
                    Off the back of my boat mostly. I flew at Whitter Narrows once. At Santa Fe dam a couple of times. Here and there, where ever if can go to find a clearing and little wind. I want to put a camera on mine but the wieght is a real issue with the Helos. The one I fly won't take more than .375 oz. without freaking out (stabilization issues). I just need a more powerful copter. And more money...
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Wow, I didn't know there were others into R/C here. Kurt, at the Calico Cleanup last year, I saw you looking at those rock crawlers, but you didn't mention you're into other R/C!

I've gotten into some R/C stuff, but I'm too broke to dive in very far. I have a couple friends with composite gliders for thermals, planes, helis, etc.

So far all I have is a foam sloper I go fly occasionally at lunch here.

I did recently purchase one of these:

Although I'm not very proficient at flying a heli yet, so I've picked up RealFlight G3 and a USB cable for my transmitter for some sim time before I break too much more on the thing.

You can't beat the price of that heli. It's a collective pitch setup that's 100% ready to fly. Heli, transmitter, lipo & balancing charger (albeit slow), even AAs for the transmitter! for ~$150. Hobby Lobby ran a sale for march that was 20% off one item (they've run it a few times since) so my collective pitch heli was $128 shipped!

Maybe the next IDTT or big MJR run (meet-n-greet) we can bring some toys like this with us to play around!

I want to be like this guy some day (Unbelievable... I swear it defies physics):
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3nNiUStTE0
                      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

UGH! I've broken, blown up and destroyed more R/C cars and trucks then should be allowed. My last one was about 5 years ago. Bought it, built it, broke it and stuffed it in the corner all in the same day. I think I still have it somewhere, but I really dont have the time or money to waste on it AGAIN!
                        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Materdaddy - are you on the RealFlight BBS - lots of free downloads there for G3.5

I had the 39" wing in the back of the Jeep last time I was on Gold Mountain - completely forgot it was there.
                          Jeff
                          OHV76V
                          KG6TY

Comment

Great video, you know I really like fishing. I think he could help me out on finding fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                              Wow, I didn't know there were others into R/C here. Kurt, at the Calico Cleanup last year, I saw you looking at those rock crawlers, but you didn't mention you're into other R/C!

I've gotten into some R/C stuff, but I'm too broke to dive in very far. I have a couple friends with composite gliders for thermals, planes, helis, etc.

So far all I have is a foam sloper I go fly occasionally at lunch here.

I did recently purchase one of these:

Although I'm not very proficient at flying a heli yet, so I've picked up RealFlight G3 and a USB cable for my transmitter for some sim time before I break too much more on the thing.

You can't beat the price of that heli. It's a collective pitch setup that's 100% ready to fly. Heli, transmitter, lipo & balancing charger (albeit slow), even AAs for the transmitter! for ~$150. Hobby Lobby ran a sale for march that was 20% off one item (they've run it a few times since) so my collective pitch heli was $128 shipped!

Maybe the next IDTT or big MJR run (meet-n-greet) we can bring some toys like this with us to play around!

I want to be like this guy some day (Unbelievable... I swear it defies physics):
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3nNiUStTE0

Can you mount air to ground missles on that helo? I know of a couple of meth dealer locations, this would be just the ticket to take them out!
                              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                              MJR moderator
                              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                              Jeep Patrol Leader
                              Reforestation Supervisor
                              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                              Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                              X