Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utility Trailer

Anyone know a local place (ventura county) to pick up a decent utility trailer? Checked Harbor Freight, but theirs dont have sides or decks.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

pm sent
    offroadwerkz.com
    (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Originally posted by Willard View Post
      Anyone know a local place (ventura county) to pick up a decent utility trailer? Checked Harbor Freight, but theirs dont have sides or decks.
      You are supposed to build those trailers. That is why they are so cheap.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
        You are supposed to build those trailers. That is why they are so cheap.
        Good point.

Found a site that makes some decent ones for around $450, steel sides and decks but with small 8" tires. For hauling camping gear to a site and dropping it, one of those should work fine.
        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Willard View Post
          Good point.

Found a site that makes some decent ones for around $450, steel sides and decks but with small 8" tires. For hauling camping gear to a site and dropping it, one of those should work fine.
          You will want to do a "lift" on the trailer. With 8" tires you'll be dragging it. Lifitng would be easy, longer shackles and/or a spring over conversion!
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Harbor Freight has two types...

Harbor Freight has two different "haul master" trailers
            one has no deck no sides the other has sides and a deck and I believe some of the trailer is made out of aluminum. Cap. 1000 lbs. 55" x 35" box trailer. $229.99
            Best, Max7
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Pretty good prices. As stated, some lift blocks and slightly larger tires would be a necessity.

These are the ones I found:

http://www.sportutilitytrailers.com/...rch=search.php

Comment

I just looked at that website. Those trailers are fairly small and a half the size of the one my friend has for sale. How critical is the size of the trailer to you? My buddy is selling his for $200.00 but it's a 5x6 ft. 10 ft over all length. No sides.
                Last edited by RAT; 07-07-08, 06:19 PM.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  I just looked at that website. Those trailers are fairly small and a half the size of the one my friend has for sale. How critical is the size of the trailer to you? My buddy is selling his for $200.00 but it's a 5x6 ft. 10 ft over all length. No sides.
                  Would snatch it up in a heartbeat, but I need sides.
                  Checked Craigslist too, most are beat to hell or over $400.

Comment

I think if you get one under a certain size you do not need to get it registered or have a plate. I wondered if that were the case with the Harbor Frieght one, and it comes with sides! just a thought.
                    Best, Max7
                    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
                      I think if you get one under a certain size you do not need to get it registered or have a plate. I wondered if that were the case with the Harbor Frieght one, and it comes with sides! just a thought.
                      Best, Max7
                      You still need to register harbor freight trailers.
                      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Working...
                      X