Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Too many of us good people don't carry because of the laws. We are afraid of getting caught up in these 'zero tolerance' situations that will put us in jail for 10 years on a gun charge, just for having a gun in the wrong place at the wrong time. These gun laws have us in fear because they are hard to understand and nobody will take the liability to explain them just call the CHP and ask about any gun law ... nobody will tell you what you can or cannot do. it's crazy."

That would be me. Its too much bother trying to explain why I would be carrying to the officer.
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
      . . . Roger...I think that ALL convicted felons should have their right to carry a firearm taken. It's a FELONY...it's no longer a misdemeanor for a reason. There is some kind of a backstory which did not allow them to plea-bargain down to misdemeanor. Those guys shouldn't have guns IMHO. . .[/RANT]
      When I said "most feleons" I was thinking of a young person convicted of a delony DUI - where someone was hurt in an auto accident with alchol involved. We all probably agree that this is a crime deserving of prison time. But should a one time conviction for this punish someone from gun ownership for life?

What if the offender never drank again? What if the incident changed the person's life and resolved to never break the law again?

Hey, I think I just hijacked my own thread!
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Jesse,

Well stated!

Locked and loaded - Mitch

Comment