Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No CA Front License Plate?

If you're going to park at LAX, make sure you have your front license plate on ... or it's a $25 ticket!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

I live way too far away from LAX to park there; but thanks for the warning...

Comment

Re: No CA Front License Plate?

Originally posted by sarah
      If you're going to park at LAX, make sure you have your front license plate on ... or it's a $25 ticket!
      I guess that's one reason why we drive the 3 hours and fly out from Las Vegas!! Plus, it's a direct flight to New Jersey!
      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

California Law that is strictly enforced in some areas. West Hollywood is $75. I got nailed in Duarte a few years ago two blocks from my boyfriend's house. It's an excuse for a cop to flip a U Turn if he doesn't like or is envious of your ride.

Comment

(Josh dons nomex suit)

There is a certain red-light camera in Pacific Beach that will get you in heavy traffic, even if you are careful. If there are too many cars, just one guy turning after the intersection will cause you to get stranded in the middle. The danged thing takes a pic of the front of your Jeep, so I usually leave my plate off.

A fix-it ticket is way cheaper than a red light fine.

P.S., I do not run red lights deliberately, I just hate getting caught when I can't help it!

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
            I got nailed in Duarte a few years ago two blocks from my boyfriend's house.
            Congratulations! Although, I'm not quite sure what that has to do with whether you have a front license plate or not...

Comment

Thanks for the reminder! Though i don't park at LAX i do not run with a front plate. I do however usually keep it in my Jeep under the carpet in the back and i have the bracket and tools to install it should i be somewhere i think i'll need it.

A few months ago i pulled the carpets for a deep cleaning of the Jeep and forgot to put the plate back under the carpet. I'm heading out the door to do so right now.
              [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
              AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
              15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
              33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
              FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
              Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
              RE Hand Throttle
              Optima Red Top
              K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

i don't run a front plate either. i like the idea of keeping the extra plate in the back seat tho.

twcguy, that sucks about getting stuck in the intersection!!!
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Is the upper passenger corner of the windshield legit for CA DMV? I have mine suction-cupped on from the inside. I think it should hold in case of an accident. I don't think the DMV is particularly specific as to where the front tags are mounted but they do HAVE to be there.
                  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                  2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
                    Is the upper passenger corner of the windshield legit for CA DMV? I have mine suction-cupped on from the inside. I think it should hold in case of an accident. I don't think the DMV is particularly specific as to where the front tags are mounted but they do HAVE to be there.
                    Don't quote me but I would check that before you get pulled over. There is something about obstruction of the windshield (fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview mirror are actually illegal).

I could check the vehicle code here at work.

Comment

I used to not run a front plate, but I wanted the jeep to be complete with nothing for cops to stop it for anything.And that way they wouldnt pull me over if I am driving.

Comment

Working...
                      X