Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more saying "****"

****, *** ****, ****, **** ... and a couple more are being banned from all broadcasts, and the consequences for saying them (will finally be enforced) will be a criminal act.

personally, rick and i are thinking at least one of those on that list shouldn't be there like p*** or sh** ... but i guess it's ok to say bit** and g** damn. the radio stations are going to have fun with this one!

see the amendment and list of prohibited words here:
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query

if that doesn't work go to the homepage and search for
    HR3687 in "bill number."
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Re: No more saying "****"

Originally posted by sarah
    ****, *** ****, ****, **** ... and a couple more are being banned from all broadcasts, and the consequences for saying them (will finally be enforced) will be a criminal act.

personally, rick and i are thinking at least one of those on that list shouldn't be there like p*** or sh** ... but i guess it's ok to say bit** and g** damn. the radio stations are going to have fun with this one!

see the amendment and list of prohibited words here:
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query

if that doesn't work go to the homepage and search for
    HR3687 in "bill number."
    So what are the words?

piss, shit, asshole, and ?
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

click on the link. for heaven's sake i don't want to fill the forums with such bloody language!!!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Poor George

Poor George Carlin! This will forever alter his famous "seven words" routine The true issue for the censors is in the intent and context of usage, but that demands the attention of an intelligent or at least mildly aware audience, so any government beuracracy is by nature incapable of that . Plus there's the pressure from all the lawyers complaining that their clients are offended by this word or that phrase. Lawyers- why can't the government do something useful and censor lawyers?
        It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
        and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Parents trying to keep their kids away from language the kids are using on the playground anyway. The minute boys turn 12 their mouths go the potty direction. Give it up.

But I will admit that there should be an "appropriateness of language." What I would say in the company of the girls is not what I would say in front of my male friends; and what I would say in front of my friends, I would not say at work or in a formal setting.

Comment

Personally and in my opinion, I'm happy that someone wants to "put a stop" to these words. However, they're going to have problems. Will everyone stop saying these words? NO!!
            All I can say is to the government: GOOD LUCK!!! Even most of them have potty mouths!!!!!
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
            X