Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consider school.

The new state law that mandates nursing to patient ratios is expected to hit hospitals very hard when it goes into effect in the new year. A massive shortage of nursing staff is expected for the next few years.

Alternatively, consider veterinary medicine. There is a significant shortage of veterinary technicians as the number of people who own pets begin to consider them a part of the family and increasingly obtain more and more expensive treatments. This has led to an increase in the number of pet hospitals and need to staff them. This situation may be affected by the area (primarily in bedroom communities of middle to upper class families) and also by recent case law in Florida and California that allow individuals to sue vets and pet hospitals for emotional damages (resulting in a decrease in the vet care providers).

Graphic design is a tough field. My HS friend graduated from Cal Poly SLO graphic arts program and although he has moved on to a very successful firm in SF, he told me that many had taken up jobs doing drafting and technical drawing work to make ends meet.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

We're always hiring. Of course you will have to relocate. Not a whole lot of telecommuting in the Navy.
      I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
      1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

doent for get the new walmart and m&m factory and dthe glass plant ajob is ajob is ajob what ever makes the jeep wheel go round and round
        A clean jeep is the sign of a sick mind

Comment

Actually, there ARE NO new Wal-Mart's up here in the High Desert yet. That is Wal-Mart's Distribution Center in Apple Valley being built right now. I have inside info about Wal-Mart, my mom works at the one in Victorville. The Distribution Center there in AV isn't schedule to open until 2004, but get your app in soon. Wal-Mart will eventually build a supercenter, that's why the distribution center is coming to the high desert; otherwise, the closest distribution center is Porterville. That's why the Wal-Mart's up here don't have a lot of the products that the others have.
          1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
          Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
          X