Ketchup
    87.50%
    Catsup
    12.50%
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Hmmmmm...dictionary time. Or refrigerator to look at the bottle.

Comment

Perspective

If its a high end product, or even an unjustly expensive one, it will be catsup. If its a low end generic product, like the stuff at the local $0.99 store, then it will be ketchup. Kind of like the glass of water being half full or half empty- a question of perspective. Unless of course you're an engineer, where it becomes a question of rates of change (where L=volume of water, if ^L is positive the glass is half full, if ^L is negative then it is half empty). Yes I use to much math in my life
      It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
      and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

i really hate when people spell things with a C instead of a K to be cute or whatever, and i think catsup falls into that category. plus, it has the word "cat" in it, and i really don't like cats ... or eating them!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Is it a sauce or a condiment?

Catchup, catsup:

A liquor extracted from mushrooms, tomatoes, walnuts, etc., used as a sauce. (Common in N. Amer., but in the
          U.K. now only KETCHUP.)

1690 B. E. Dict. Cant. Crew, Catchup, a high East-India Sauce.

1730 SWIFT Paneg. on Dean Wks. 1755 IV. I. 142 And, for our
          home-bred british cheer, Botargo, catsup, and caveer.

1751 H. GLASSE Cookery Bk. 309 It will taste like foreign Catchup.

1832 Veg.Subst. Food 333 One..application of mushrooms is..converting them into the sauce called Catsup.

1845 E. ACTON Mod. Cookery v.(1850) 136 (L.) Walnut catsup.

1862 Macm. Mag. Oct. 466 He found in mothery catsup a number of yellowish globular bodies.

Ketchup:

A sauce made from the juice of mushrooms, walnuts, tomatoes, etc., and used as a condiment with meat, fish,or the like. Often with qualification, as mushroom ketchup, etc.

1711 LOCKYER Acc. Trade India 128 Soy comes in Tubbs from Jappan, and the best Ketchup from Tonquin; yet good of both sorts
          are made and sold very cheap in China.

1748 MRS. HARRISON House-kpr.'s Pocket-bk. i. (ed. 4) 2, I therefore advise you to lay in a
          Store of Spices,..neither ought you to be without..Kitchup, or Mushroom Juice.

1817 BYRON Beppo viii, Buy in gross..Ketchup, Soy,
          Chili~vinegar, and Harvey.

1840 DICKENS Barn. Rudge (1849) 91/1 Some lamb chops (breaded, with plenty of ketchup).

1874 COOKE Fungi 89 One important use to which several..fungi can be applied, is the manufacture of ketchup.
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
            i really hate when people spell things with a C instead of a K to be cute or whatever, and i think catsup falls into that category. plus, it has the word "cat" in it, and i really don't like cats ... or eating them!
            "CatSoup" !
            “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
            -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Working...
            X