Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Christmas Tree Question?

Are you supposed to water a real Christmas tree? I've never had one before.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Re: Real Christmas Tree Question?

Originally posted by sarah
    Are you supposed to water a real Christmas tree? I've never had one before.
    YES!!! If you don't keep it watered it will dry out and then you will have a potential fire hazard. Don't let Jill drink the water! This from someone who had real trees, but now can't because of the allergies.
    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

hmm, how much water? rick got a tree stand, i guess it's supposed to hold the water? fill it up or something?

LOL I'm retarded.

Comment

fill it up to the top

TARD
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

hmm, how much water? rick got a tree stand, i guess it's supposed to hold the water? fill it up or something?

LOL I'm retarded.

It should like a bowl type stand. If it is then fill it up just before it reaches the top of the inside. No, you're not retarded.
          1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
          Glad to be back in California!

Comment

BAHAHAHA
            thanks for your help guys and gals.
            ummm, another dumb question, how much water does it drink? is this a daily thing, refilling the tree? LOL i guess i can always figure that one out myself.

Comment

a couple tips: when you get the tree, cut an inch or so off the end of the trunk (the part that is in the water) so there is a fresh surface to draw up water. also, when you water it, put a little bit of sprite or 7-up in the water- trees like the sugar!

check the water every day- no fires!

Comment

i'll have to call on nailer for that sprite!

Comment

real xmas trees cut from the trunk drink a lot more water. plan on filling a couple of times a day. trees off a lot that have been cut probably a couple weeks old at least. they need water daily to every other day hth
                  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                  2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Christmas trees...Bah!!! Humbug!!! (a pagan activity adopted by christians; albeit, part of my germanic heritage) The only way to reduce the potential fire hazzard is to go to your local nursery, and get a potted tree. The beauty of them is that you can plant it in your yard after Christmas. I had a neighbor back in Colorado that did this for eight or nine years; after that, he had enough of them in his yard, and they were big enough that he could just go out and "top" one of them each year for his tree for the inside of the house (topping a different tree each year). He hasn't bought a tree for Christmas in more than twenty years...

Comment

When you first get the tree home it's gonna drink a lot of water (several quarts-gallon). A good rule is to check it in the morning and again in the evening, making sure it's full both times. The longer your lights are on the more it will dry out the tree the more water it will need. I can honestly say I've never had an artificial tree. I'm so cool.
                      I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                      1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Word of warning about the live trees...our neighbors where I grew up did the same thing. One of the Monterey Pines got to be a very big tree...then it crashed down on another neighbor's house during an El Nino storm. Demolished the roof a couple of days before Christmas.

I don't have a tree. No room and the young cat would knock it over anyway.

Comment

i'll have to call on nailer for that sprite!
                          i have some sprite for ya'
                          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                            Word of warning about the live trees...our neighbors where I grew up did the same thing. One of the Monterey Pines got to be a very big tree...then it crashed down on another neighbor's house during an El Nino storm. Demolished the roof a couple of days before Christmas.
                            I'm glad you made that point! All the better we should wipe the globe clean of trees! Heaven forbid one of them should fall down during a storm or other act of nature, and damage something! We could saw them all up and build something to give us shade in the summer too. I'm also sure that some scientist with a 200 pound head can find a way to make oxygen for us to breath once all of those dangerous, tall trees are gone...

Comment

Originally posted by PRegner
                              I'm glad you made that point! All the better we should wipe the globe clean of trees! Heaven forbid one of them should fall down during a storm or other act of nature, and damage something! We could saw them all up and build something to give us shade in the summer too. I'm also sure that some scientist with a 200 pound head can find a way to make oxygen for us to breath once all of those dangerous, tall trees are gone...
                              lol...youre absolutely terrible. I think some big pine trees in a small yard was the point here...not that all trees are terrible.

Im still laughing ...

Tam
                              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
                              X