Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAPA's Return Policy

I went into NAPA on Friday to get new Rotor/Hub Assembly's for my CJ7. No local store had them, so they said they'd get them by Tuesday. Tuesday, not in. Wednesday not in. They came in today. However, too late. I've replace them already, because of my impatience. Now they don't want to refund them. I went in to cancel my order, because when I called they said they still were not in. When I got there, they were sitting on the counter.

They said it was a special order, and they do not refund special orders. Looking at my receipt, there is NO reference to no refunds on special orders (I'm not even aware this was a special order).

NAPA online says anything you order online can be returned to any NAPA Autoparts Store. Why so easy to return if you bought online, but not in the store?

Anyhow, there's no way I'm gonna eat $308 worth of product because the parts did not arrive as promised.

BTW, in defense of NAPA...I did not speak to the manager, because he wasn't there. I spoke to a regular employee. I'll return Monday and speak to manager and see how he wants to handle it.

I was suprised when I could not use a check at NAPA. It was odd, and I dislike putting things on the CC. I guess the hometown NAPA is going commercial.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Whats a check?

I'm all debit. I'm like you, no CC for me (just wish the wife was the same!)

Comment

Hey if the manager doesnt do anything about it, i can talk to my buddy mike he works at a NAPA and maybe he can do something about it. let me know.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

ive used napa once. went there to get a power steering box seal kit. got home, opened it, wrong kit. the shaft inside was messed from mud and dirt anyways so i needed a new box. but the point of the story was that napa gave me the wrong kit. and i hate them for it. partsource all the way for me!! plus i get comercial rates instead of regular people rates yay!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
            Hey if the manager doesnt do anything about it, i can talk to my buddy mike he works at a NAPA and maybe he can do something about it. let me know.
            If he doesn't, then I'll definitely let you know! Thanks

Comment

Keep in mind that Napa stores are independently owned and operated. Their choice of return policies is largely up to the owner. When you buy from Napaonline, you are buying from the franchise and their policy may be different from your local store's policy. The Napa stores near us, particularly the Apple Valley store, have always provided the best service in terms of accuracy of parts selection, return service, and knowledge of applications relative to the other options near us (Kragen/Checker, Pep Boys, AutoZone). It also helps if you try to get a knowledgeable counter person. The only way to do this is to go there more than once and get some experience with them. This is true of any parts store and their employees - there are good ones and bad ones.

If you can't find a home for the rotors, I may be interested. You may have your reasons, but why buy stock hubs when you can get the Warn premium hub conversion kit that eliminates the weak/PITA bolted design for a little more $...? http://www.gowarn.com/front-hub-conversion-kit-3.asp
              1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
              My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by rick View Post
                Keep in mind that Napa stores are independently owned and operated. Their choice of return policies is largely up to the owner. When you buy from Napaonline, you are buying from the franchise and their policy may be different from your local store's policy. The Napa stores near us, particularly the Apple Valley store, have always provided the best service in terms of accuracy of parts selection, return service, and knowledge of applications relative to the other options near us (Kragen/Checker, Pep Boys, AutoZone). It also helps if you try to get a knowledgeable counter person. The only way to do this is to go there more than once and get some experience with them. This is true of any parts store and their employees - there are good ones and bad ones.

If you can't find a home for the rotors, I may be interested. You may have your reasons, but why buy stock hubs when you can get the Warn premium hub conversion kit that eliminates the weak/PITA bolted design for a little more $...? http://www.gowarn.com/front-hub-conversion-kit-3.asp
                I spoke with the manager, and got my money refunded. I offered to eat the shipping (they charged me $16 for shipping).

X2 on the Warn conversion kit. I think it's $365 for the hubs and premium locking hubs. After some research, that is the route I'll be taking.

I have a question about the Warn conversion...what rotor do you use?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X