Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race in Johnson Valley at the Hammers

I guess I'm confused, what do the sponsers mean that it is closed to spectators? Excuse me but it is still public land and how do they propose to keep spectators away??
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Yes it is public land

We ask that you not come out as we are trying to keep the trails and course safe. This is the first of its kind and we need to keep it safe if we ever want it to happen again. There will be live coverage from several avenues and ask that you support it from there. We understand we can not stop you but if you must be there, Contact Shawn on KINGOFTHEHAMMERS.com and see if you can volunteer.
    Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

I don't need to watch the race, but I live in Lucerne Valley and I'm just very wary of those who try to restrict access to Public Lands. In the 28 years that I have lived there I've seen more than half the desert & moutain lands closed to public use. We used to go exlopring and never see anyone for the whole day.... Sorry, you'll just have to understand where I am coming from.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

They are not trying to close anything down or restrict anything, they just dont want 1,000s of people out there and something going wrong. Once it does good and is established im sure spectators will be more then welcome.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

the course is insane, over 50 miles of hell, to bad its rainin, that will keep people from comin,

Comment

Yeah it should be awsome i cant wait to see the DVD. JimmyRig and Villa are out there right now as voulenteers... Wish I could have gone.
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Top finishers as of 2:00 p.m.

Winner - Shannon Campbell

2. Casey Currie

3. Rick Mooneyham

4. Doug Bigelow

5. Brett Porter

6. Joachim Schwiesow

7. Richard Gauthier

8. Dean Bulloch

9. Jack Adams

10. Eric Anderson
              Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

this guy ran out of gas in barstow lol and i got to check out his rigs for taking him to get some gas
                [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X