Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it is official

After 2 years of being a jeep wrangler and FJ Cruiser family, we are now a 2 Jeep family.
    We are welcoming our new 08 Rubicon 4 door to the driveway.
    We loved the FJC, it was a great ride, plenty comfy and really nice to wheel side by side with the 04 TJ, but as time comes to pass, It was totalled.
    Looking around and sll we decided that a 2 Jeep family is a happy family so we opted for the Rubicon.
    Actually Missy is eager to get her new Jeep on the trails. She loved the Toyota and we had a blast with it, but She always admitted Jeeps were in her blood.
    censored for having an opinion

Congratulations Jim!!
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Congrats! Glad you're happy with the new ride! Hopefully nobody was hurt when the FJ was totalled!
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I thought you still had the TJ as well. Welcome to being a two Jeep family. Be prepared to emtpy both pockets!

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
          I thought you still had the TJ as well. Welcome to being a two Jeep family. Be prepared to emtpy both pockets!

Tam
          Oh you know that
          The FJ was totalled while in for Warranty repairs
          they were doing some welding, replacing the inner fender aprons when
          this happened

anyway, we, after a week, finally settled on a number everyone can agree upon, I am out about 10 Gs in mods but actually am coming out pretty good besides that.
          We are happy to get her into a jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
            Oh you know that
            The FJ was totalled while in for Warranty repairs
            they were doing some welding, replacing the inner fender aprons when
            this happened
            anyway, we, after a week, finally settled on a number everyone can agree upon, I am out about 10 Gs in mods but actually am coming out pretty good besides that.
            We are happy to get her into a jeep.
            Welding inner fender aprons for a warranty repair? Is there a reason you took your insurance money to Jeep and not Toyota? :confused:
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this... you would think the stealership would cover your loss IN FULL! 'specially since it was their schleprock that F*D it up... it does sound odd to have warrenty work that requires welding... :dunno:

this is about the third FJ I have herd about burning up, I wonder if they are all because of the same repair??

Well, good to hear about yer Rubicon purchase!
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                Is there a reason you took your insurance money to Jeep and not Toyota? :confused:
                it's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand...

:haha:

PS congrats, jim!! hope to see you out on the trail again soon.
                03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

post some pic's of the new rubi, please
                  Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                    I'm sorry to hear this... you would think the stealership would cover your loss IN FULL! 'specially since it was their schleprock that F*D it up... it does sound odd to have warrenty work that requires welding... :dunno:

this is about the third FJ I have herd about burning up, I wonder if they are all because of the same repair??

Well, good to hear about yer Rubicon purchase!
                    The FJ Cruisers have a design flaw with the inner fender aprons, they will install new aprons in any vehicle displaying cracking and rips in teh inner fender aprons, but are doing it on a you see it you show us, instead of issuing a recall.
                    Well mine was in for new aprons.
                    Actually, I am kinda glad to be out of it, there are other issues with it.
                    Damn thing wheeled like a champ, was a great vehicle, but it has a few issues, Plus I just like jeeps.

Comment

Comment

Wow Nice.... All jeep.
                        I think those long things (JK) look great lifted. Kinda dorky stock.
                        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Working...
                        X