Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back!

So, I sold my 2002 TJ about a month ago, and have been sad ever since. I started a new job in September, and noticed two Willys in a yard that I passed every day to and from work, and they never moved positions. I knocked on the man's door Friday, and today bought both Willys from him. One is a 1953 CJ and the other is a 1953. The 1951 has a Chevy 350 V8 engine and a 6 inch lift. WAY to much power for the poor drum brakes. The body is in so-so shape and I need to get the rust taken care of. The 1953 was engineless, and I have already agreed to sell it to a guy I work with.

The 1951 has leaks galore and the clutch sucks. Today I did nothing but yell "FIND it, don't GRIND it" to myself as a jerked around the desert. But I've got a jeep again and a Willys at that. Pics to come.

I hope to have it minimally ready for the trail by the clean up.

Jeri Lyn
    Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Hey Jeri! Welcome back. Sounds like you have quite a project Jeep there. Funny thing I was thinking about you today as I was using that compressor you sold me last year or so.
    Find it don't grind it is just what I've been telling my girls as they are learning to drive our Jeep. Kills me to watch them man-handle the stick shift looking for a gear but they'll learn soon, I hope. (poor clutch)

Cheers, Tom

Comment

Welcome Back! Sad to see the TJ go, but very cool on ya for the Willy's! :thumbs_up
      -Bob
      '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Working...
      X