Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD in the RAIN?

Quick Question...It,s raining pretty good now..can I put the Jeep in 4 wheel high and leave it there while the roads are wet and not damage anything?? my owners manual says its ok on wet surfaces ,but I wanted pro. advice from you guys..Thanks Geeb..
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

yes, I have driven in 4high on wet streets and when it's raining. I won't do it now that I have a Detroit locker in the front though... as long as you don't have a front locker engaged the rain should let the tires slip enough to allow for good driving. Be aware that you still don't want to do high speed stuff like the freeway, and you will loose some MPG... but around town it will be fine.
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Thanks Kodiak...Geeb..

Comment

x2 it's fine as long as there is more than just a "sprinkling" of rain on the road (like the road is barely damp).

although, shouldn't need 4wd in the rain just in case you're wondering...i don't ever use it even in torrential downpours and i've never had any problems.
        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

I think it's mostly preference,( of course only when it's wet)...at least in the Jeeps.

I only use it when I'm in the canyon and it's raining pretty good or when I feel the rear pushing in turns due too much crap in the back. With the LJ and the carrier in the back, it feels like the rear can slip easier, but it rarely does. If you have a limited-slip in the rear, then you should be fine w/o it. Although, it is ok to use in the rain if it 'feels' like you need it.
          David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
          I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Cool Thanks ya,ll..I do have Limited Slip in the back also,I have not used 4 high yet in the rain was just curious if I could if I wanted or had to..Thank,s again...Geeb.

Comment

Working...
            X