Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ranting about the weather

you know...these weather forecasters in SoCal are just about the stupidest people ever. i'm checking my local forecast for the week, and the weather prediction for Saturday calls for a 12% chance of snow in Santa Monica. The high is predicted to be 61 and the low 47.

Has it ever snowed in Santa Monica, EVER? Answer: i think once in the past 100 years. And further, has anyone ever seen it snow at 47 degrees? NO. these people must be on crack because this is absolutely ridiculous.

they should just predict 68 degrees and partly cloudy every freakin' day and they'd get it right more than actually trying to predict what it's going to do outside and then just get it wrong anyway.

argh. :angry:
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

maybe just turn off the news when it comes to the weather segment?

p.s. global warming results in global cooling, hence the snow prediction!!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hey Mike,

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one! But believe me when I tell you that the weather "forecasters" are just the tip of the iceberg. By morning the other anchor idiots will be lined up on random street corners around the city as if we need a visual to remind us that rain is that wet stuff that falls from the sky. It's gotten so bad that I now resort to hurling insults and expletives at the TV. For me this really helps, but then again I'm pretty whacky and actually enjoy a good tirade with my coffee and news each morning!
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

[CENTER] [COLOR="Red"]STORMWATCH 2008![/COLOR]

You'd think it had never rained here before. You can definitely tell when there are slow news days around here. [/CENTER]
        -Bob
        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

I'm in Seattle and Portland right now. They have a forcast of rain for the next two weeks, non stop. Maybe some Sun on Monday. Noone is freaking out up here
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I actually hope we get some of this rain out here. Being on the east side of the mountain(s) sucks! If we don't get the rain, the flowers wont come out again this spring...
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Hoping for snow in the BB mtns so we can go snow wheelin'! IT was just a muddy mess on 3n16 on NYD.

Comment

Actually, if it bypassed the entire west side of SBNF I wouldn't mind a bit, as I'm teaching a class on Saturday - and not really looking forward to 4-6" of rain in Lytle Creek
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Can't even stand the news anymore....it's not really news anyway.....

It goes from a tragic death of small child, to 'what's the haps in sports, and I hear some rain's a comin', that means .....'

Oh shut up already!!!....:poop:

Thanks for the venting post... :thumbs_up
                  I've always been a fan of hating the news.. :tongue:

You want to know the weather?? Look outside the window in the morning...
                  David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                  I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                    Actually, if it bypassed the entire west side of SBNF I wouldn't mind a bit, as I'm teaching a class on Saturday - and not really looking forward to 4-6" of rain in Lytle Creek
                    Aawww, come on Jeff. There are plenty of 'high ground' paths that lead out of Lytle Creek. Heck, 2N57 is right next to the Ranger Station, of course, so is the creek....
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

i vote yes.
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                        Aawww, come on Jeff. There are plenty of 'high ground' paths that lead out of Lytle Creek. Heck, 2N57 is right next to the Ranger Station, of course, so is the creek....

Yeah, but _you_ didn't have a student show up for an Area Orientation in a Prius

I'll have to see if I still have any of the pictures from the "big rain" we had 3-4 years ago. Think Minivan completely vertical into Lytle Creek...
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                          I'm in Seattle and Portland right now.
                          That's a cool trick. When I learn how to be in two places at once, I'll be able to earn money at work and be on the trail too!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

the trick is to be at work with your mind on the trail... :bonk:

of course, I don't work with flammables... :fire: just electricity :bolt:
                            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Tried that once at work - having my mind on the trail. Do you have any idea how BIG a 747-400 engine is when it's pointing straight at you?
                              Jeff
                              OHV76V
                              KG6TY

Comment

Working...
                              X