Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great! I am gonna git a bunch of stuff together for Desert Jewel and this list is just what I needed, I saw the steel putty git put to task out @ fearless follies, and now I carry that stuff, plus oil...

Wow, I hope DJ doesn't read this post it will ruin her Christmas present....
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Something I didn't see on the list - large ziplock bags. As well as being useful in case you need to "corral" loose bolts during a dissassembly, they're great if you ever need to pull a diff cover. Drain the 90W into the bag, pull the cover, fix the problem - then just place the whole (full) bag back in the diff and button it back up. Bag will break, you're fine to get home.
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
        Something I didn't see on the list - large ziplock bags. As well as being useful in case you need to "corral" loose bolts during a dissassembly, they're great if you ever need to pull a diff cover. Drain the 90W into the bag, pull the cover, fix the problem - then just place the whole (full) bag back in the diff and button it back up. Bag will break, you're fine to get home.
        That's a great idea.
        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
          We use ammo cans. We once had to drain and remove an oil pan on the trail, and found that a small ammo can will hold almost exactly 5 quarts of oil.
          '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Originally posted by peteyg View Post
            We use ammo cans. We once had to drain and remove an oil pan on the trail, and found that a small ammo can will hold almost exactly 5 quarts of oil.
            Yep. A bit harder to put the oil back in a diff with the ammo can though
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY

Comment

just put the ammo can full of oil back in the diff, the ammo can will break, and you'll get...

I see the ammo can, I use them for tools as well, and its nice to put it to so many tasks....

Ammo cans are allmost like duct tape....
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Problem is - all my ammo cans are full of, well - ammo. Where else would I keep the 40mm grenades?

"Look - I told you you need to stay ON THE TRAIL. Here - let me move that tire FOR you...."
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY

Comment

Working...
                X