Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake up to a soggy jeep today?

Sheesh, I didn't realize it was raining til 7AM. By the time I got outside (and out of bed haha) it kinda started to stop. I got the jeep covered and headed out to a meeting ... get back home and it's STILL raining! Had to go buy a tarp to throw over it, and I'm sure there's a lake on the floor!

Grrrr!!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

mercifully, jeep put those drain holes in...

I know I'm gonna have a jeep to drain when I git home from werk...

and the parade 2 morrow! how can I get all muddy 2 nite and have the parade 2 morrow?
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

If you go muddin' tonite, you won't have to decorate your jeep for the parade, hehe

Comment

When life gives you a soggy Jeep, put fish in the floor and go fishin!
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I knew it was gonna rain, so I threw tarps over both the TJ and the CJ-8 last night. It paid off. TJ's do NOT like it when the dash gets wet. I strongly suggest that you let it dry out before trying to start it.
          '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Man the scrambler and the parts XJ in the back are SOAKED. Let alone, the back yard is like a lake i cant even go out there unless i wanna swim to the jeeps
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by peteyg View Post
              I knew it was gonna rain, so I threw tarps over both the TJ and the CJ-8 last night. It paid off. TJ's do NOT like it when the dash gets wet. I strongly suggest that you let it dry out before trying to start it.
              Good point man...
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I put the top on just this last weekend. I thought I would like the change for awhile. But, the top leaks.:bonk:

Comment

LOL!! Mine is in the garage and dry....but sucks cuz she's topless! I'm stranded at home

Comment

Got the Viking Fast Back soft top on...no issues!
                    -Bob
                    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                      Sheesh, I didn't realize it was raining til 7AM. By the time I got outside (and out of bed haha) it kinda started to stop. I got the jeep covered and headed out to a meeting ... get back home and it's STILL raining! Had to go buy a tarp to throw over it, and I'm sure there's a lake on the floor!

Grrrr!!
                      Sarah...it was a good thing you had the SW33T to drive to your meeting this morning :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                        Sarah...it was a good thing you had the SW33T to drive to your meeting this morning :wink:
                        Haha, yeah, and good thing it doesn't leak! (First time driving it in the rain LOL)

Comment

Tear in my soft top = wet passenger floor board... passenger seat seemed damp, but not wet.

Contrary to Allen's belief, my MTRs stuck to the road in the best (or worst, depending on your view) rain SoCal has seen in a few years. :cactus: :cactus: Let's hope I have the same success tomorrow.
                          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

So I thought I'd be smart after work and try to put on the safari top myself...I was successful. Wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Emptied out the back of the Jeep and folded up the rear seat so it wouldn't get too wet. Ventured out to run some errands. Jeep was sitting in parking lot for hour or so outside friends place. Went to get in so we could go out to dinner...my seat was a puddle! Apparently I didn't get the top tight enough and it had a nice puddle of rain on top that was leaking through the side seams. So, I thought I'd be smart and push it up to get all the rain off...that only caused it to pour off in-between the roll bars and onto both seats, all over my lap and jacket that was in the passenger seat. Guess I need some help putting my hard top back on for the winter...

Comment

Working...
                            X