Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <<< The New Guy

First off I would like to Introduce Myself. I am Edward Wilhelm (Eddie) I live at Camp Pendleton, CA. I am 23years old as of today. I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited its all stock cept for the After market tires and wheels. I'm not huge on the rock crawling deal, and my rig isn't set up to do such things. I was just wondering if you all set up any trail rides or any that are upcoming for basically stock jeeps. Not a flat land ride, but not rock crawling either. I want to get out and see what my jeep can do. I have the CB Radio it isn't hooked up as of now.. me and wires don't get a long. Have most of the basics I need. Water, Tire, CB, First aid, Food, Tent, Sleepingbag that sort of thing. Next paycheck I will be investing in a HiJack, Tow Strap, and an extra Fuel Can or two. Would it be wise to invest in a GPS? Any sort of feedback would be most welcome on how I should prepare myself and what I should invest in. Thank you!!! Hope to hear from you all soon.

Eddie

O.o welcome (psst, this should be in the introduction forum thing...)

You Rock!
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by E_D_D_I_E_ View Post
      I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited its all stock cept for the After market tires and wheels. I'm not huge on the rock crawling deal, and my rig isn't set up to do such things. I was just wondering if you all set up any trail rides or any that are upcoming for basically stock jeeps. Not a flat land ride, but not rock crawling either. I want to get out and see what my jeep can do. Any sort of feedback would be most welcome on how I should prepare myself and what I should invest in. Thank you!!! Hope to hear from you all soon.

Eddie

Hey Eddie . . . welcome to MJR. My advice is to pack up what you've got and come out and play!!! You'd be amazed by what a bone stock Jeep can do . . . don't get me wrong, you might not want to head out for Johnson Valley, but your Jeep right out of the box is very capable. Just check out the Trail Rides and Events section to see any upcoming runs, or post up if you'd like to set something up and would like some company. As for what to invest in, you're on the right track with the tow strap and HiLift, but honestly, if you go on a run with this group, there will be no shortage of these items if you do run into difficulty. Hope to see you on the trail soon.

P.S.-I was running Miller this weekend and ran across a bone stock Unlimited X (I think it was on 29" tires and all) . . . the guy didn't seem to be having any trouble other than dragging some armor . . . which is why it's there, right!!!
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Happy birthday, Eddie, and welcome aboard!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hey Eddie welcome to MJR!! I started out stock and it's so addicting once you see what your Jeep will do...that you just have to build it up to do even more Hook up with Great88 (Mitch)...he is into the trails you are looking to do.

Happy Birthday

Comment

Hi Eddie! Welcome to MJR.

Like others have said, your bone stock Jeep will go places that will surprise you. I started out stock except for 30" tires, and a stock Jeep will go many places that I didn't think ANY vehicle could go.

Again, as others have said, just keep an eye out for a trail run that gets your interest. The MJR folks will always help you through. My recommendation is to spend your money on front and rear recovery points (if you don't already have them). They are cheaper and more useful than many other things that you can buy.

I hope to see you on the trails soon!
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
              My recommendation is to spend your money on front and rear recovery points (if you don't already have them). They are cheaper and more useful than many other things that you can buy.
              What Mike said X2!!!
              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

welcome and Happy Birthday! another Jeeper whoo hoooo, lol got Jeep, ready to roll.
                Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Working...
                X