Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 meter?

Hey guys my dad just sent me a radio because my cobra crapped the bed. At the risk of sounding like an idiot Im assuming it will function like a regular CB. My dad is a truck driver and he runs the same on in his rig. He is out of the country on vacation or I would call and pester him with my questions.

Here is a link to the radio. http://www.walcottcb.com/stryker-sr4...ds-p-2070.html

not much in the way of literature in the box but there are full color layouts of the circut boards LOL
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

DISCLAIMER: 10 radios are illegal to run on CB frequencies in America. This post is just theoretical.

I was looking for a 10m for my jeep some years ago. There's a number of 10 meter rigs made out of the country for CB. You have to open the case and cut a wire or resistor because they cant be brought into the country working on CB.
    I wanted something that either only put out 10 watts or had a high/low output switch. If yours puts out 120 watts sideband (pep) then its going to be 40-60 watts am. Great if you get better than a quarter mile apart in a caravan, horrible if your close. The other thing I wanted was a channel switch not a frequency counter. I believe yours has a switch. The difference will be whether you have to remember what frequency each channel is and tuning each time you change verses clicking a dial.

I ended up with a cobra that was only made for 2 years and when it finally burned out I went back to something smaller and simple.
    The cobra had the ability to switch from 2 watts to 20 watts, had better receive and better voice than a normal CB.
    The bad was size and didn't hold up well to dirt road vibration.
    Yours will be louder and more powerful, receive will be better and most of the features will be tunable.
    The only down side will be size, if you cant turn the power down no one will understand you close up and if you accidentally bump one of the tuning knobs you can tune slightly off frequency, turn your mic off or engage one of those stupid echo machines.
    Don't forget to run a big power and ground feed to it and have the radio exposed to keep it from overheating.

Scott
    Come to the dark side.....
    We have Cookies!

Comment

Seems odd that it has an led channel indicator instead of a frequency counter for ten meters.... :dunno:
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

The one I had, had a four position knob. Position one gave me forty channels below, two gave normal and the other two a total of 80 above. There was a chart that gave the freq for each channel setting.

Scott
        Come to the dark side.....
        We have Cookies!

Comment

I checked ebay and saw that there's a couple of different models. Some have a digital freq display. Strykers sure are expensive though...
          MJR moderator
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Thank you for the info. I havent even opened the box yet. From a few things i have read the stryker has a jumper that needs to be moved to enable it to transmit on cb freq. Im a retard when it comes radios.
            [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
              Thank you for the info. I havent even opened the box yet. From a few things i have read the stryker has a jumper that needs to be moved to enable it to transmit on cb freq. Im a retard when it comes radios.
              Scott, you should be able to google how to remove the jumper. There's probably a Youtube video showing how to do it. If you find it, and are still unsure about it. Let me know, I would be willing to help you.

Which model did you purchase?
              Last edited by Roger; 06-11-14, 07:25 AM.
              MJR moderator
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

few ways you can do it, depending upon if its a single-sided board.

if you guys need assistance send me a PM
                Jeep

Comment

Working...
                X