Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What antenna for 2M?

What 2M antenna is everyone using? Where did you mount it? Can you post a pic?

Thanks

Originally posted by rkwfxd View Post
    What 2M antenna is everyone using? Where did you mount it? Can you post a pic?

Thanks
    I am using a magnet mount that I already had. Works well with my Yaesu 7100 dual bander. I put it on the top of my swing out tire carrier which makes it a bit directional towards the front. Higher is better and to be honest in the center of the vehicle is better too so you get a omi-directional pattern. Being as how most guy's don't want a hole in the middle of the fiberglass top of the jeep center mounting is not an option unless you are willing to take a pizza pan or another piece of like metal and use Liquid Nails or another adhesive and put it in the center of the top. Any 2 meter antenna will do.
    Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 07-22-12, 08:09 PM.
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

I use a small Comet B-10 which is actually a dual-band (2m/70cm) antenna. It works surprisingly well for it's small size and the terrible ground plane on the Jeep. I used an AZRockyRoad mount for the rear that held my CB antenna as well.

I don't have my radio set up in my new Jeep yet, so I have simply used a mag mount on the hood the couple times I've been out. I have to turn the squelch up a bit because the antenna seems to pick up some EFI from the engine compartment like this, but it works well enough to reach all the way across the town of Big Bear (from the dam to the air port) using a 5 watt handheld.
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Been doing some more research and even stopped by HRO and as usual they were more interested in selling me something than actually listening to me and trying to find the correct product for me. I'll never go back. Anyway, stopped at a buddy's house on the way home and now I am pretty convinced I will go with a Larsen and an NMO mount off the tire rack.

Now I just need to decide on a radio Yaesu 1900R or 2900R or Kenwood TM-281 or Icom IC-V8000

PFFFT

W6RKW

Comment

Working...
        X