Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onyx Peak Repeater is back in service

The Onyx Peak repeater (W6FNO) is once again up and running: !46.82 MHz - offset, no PL.

This repeater is located on Onyx Pk in the San Bernardino Mtns. It has great coverage for just about all of the Mojave Desert, the Inland Empire, Palm Springs area, and San Bernardino Mtns. I'm not sure but I think the signal goes pretty far north into the Owens Valley and parts of northern San Diego County also.

I assume it is still linked to the the Johnstone Pk Repeater (San Dimas Area) with the same frequency.

This repeater is dedicated for highway emergencies & disasters.

This was one of the first repeaters to go up in southern California and has a great history. I am so happy it's back on the air after being off for quite some time.

I recommend that you program it into all your 2m radios!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

In the 90's, it was the first place you went to for Earthquake info. It has a LONGGGGG history!
    Dino Darling - KX6D

562-665-6286 (Text is BEST!)
    2005 LJ Rubicon

Comment

Yep, been around as far back as I can remember. No ragchewing - unless of course you want to discuss your participation in the Great War
      Last edited by Roger; 04-25-11, 02:31 PM. Reason: Sorry Jeff, I accidently edited your post, I removed what I wrote and I'm placing it in a different post. (That's why I'm jus
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
        Yep, been around as far back as I can remember. No ragchewing - unless of course you want to discuss your participation in the Great War
        Sorry Jeff, I accidently edited your post, I removed what I wrote. (That's why I'm just a rookie moderator...)

Unfortunatly, there's not many from the "great war" left.
        MJR moderator
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Ill have to listen to this one when i get home. for all the ham vets, could this be used quickly in a non chit chat conversation? or is all use outside of emergencys a no-go?

off topic but are you guys seeing more 4x4 ham users latly on the trail? Its not growing as fast as id hoped lol. when I saw you guys using them it became a must have in my truck that doesnt see many optional extras.
          KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Well Roger you will be happy to know that today is my father's birthday.....and he was a naval aviator (corsairs and hellcats, primarily) during the Great War! There are still many of these men and women left, and (as you implied) we must cherish them. For they have well earned our respect and gratitude. Happy Birthday Dad! (BTW.....thanks for letting me hi-jack this thread and express myself)
            Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
              Well Roger you will be happy to know that today is my father's birthday.....and he was a naval aviator (corsairs and hellcats, primarily) during the Great War! There are still many of these men and women left, and (as you implied) we must cherish them. For they have well earned our respect and gratitude. Happy Birthday Dad! (BTW.....thanks for letting me hi-jack this thread and express myself)
              My dad & one uncle were in the Navy in WWII. Dad was in the Pacific piloting a landing craft to put Marines on the beaches. My uncle was in the Normandy Invasion. Both are gone now. Fond memories....
              MJR moderator
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
                off topic but are you guys seeing more 4x4 ham users latly on the trail? Its not growing as fast as id hoped lol. when I saw you guys using them it became a must have in my truck that doesnt see many optional extras.
                I don't think that as a rule. There was a small surge of MJR members who all got their ham licenses near each other (myself included). I enjoy the hundredth hobby and now use amateur radio often even when not jeeping.
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                X