Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OAUSA Amateur Radio Net - Now on Western Reflector!!!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OAUSA Amateur Radio Net - Now on Western Reflector!!!

For about 3 years now Outdoor Adventure USA has been holding amateur radio nets in the Southern California area. The repeater that we have been using coverers most of the greater LA area, and Inland Empire Area. It also reaches pretty far south into Temecula. The repeater we use is the Keller Peak Repeater, The Official Inland Empire (Emergency) Communications Repeater (146.385+ PL:146.2 or Echolink KE6TZG).

However, ever since we got started we have been trying to get IRLP up and going and we have finally got it nailed. With enough donations and technical support we got the repeater IRLP equipped and have secured Node# 9251 on the Western Reflector during our net airing time on Thursday night at 7:30 PM PST.

Since we are now accessable nearly world wide, we would like to invite all amateur operators to join us. Since we started our weekly net its popularity has grown immensely. We average about 30 checkins per net. Now with IRLP capability we hope to broaden our audience (participation) even further.

Thursdays @ 7:30 PM PST - nets usually run about 90 minutes.
    Keller Peak Repeater: 146.385+ / PL: 146.2
    Western Reflector Node: 9251

Echolink: KE6TZG

Here is a list of our upcoming topics...

04/14/11 - Alternative power / inverters
    04/21/11 - Weather Spotting
    04/28/11 - Overland Expo Report
    05/05/11 - Motorcycle Camping
    05/12/11 - Outdoor Medicine for Summer
    05/19/11 - Outdoor Residential Options
    05/26/11 - Vehicle Inspection / Vacation Prep
    06/02/11 - Field Day
    06/09/11 - Fire Technology
    06/16/11 - Photography
    06/23/11 - Vehicle build up
    06/30/11 - Binoculars

I tuned in last night for a few minutes. I didn't realize you started using a reflector and I heard some hubub a few minutes before the net when somebody on 449.300 (KA6UAI) was doing some IRLP linking. I thought about commenting that the repeater was typically used at that time for a net that connected to 3216 (KE6TZG), but didn't, and sure enough, the linking up was you guys getting everything connected to the reflector. Awesome work. I don't typically have the couple hours and come in & out on the nets because of the time I get home from work, eat dinner, and spend time with the family otherwise I'd check in.

Thanks for the update here, since I don't typically check oausa.net, but am interested in your nets.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
    X