Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Repeaters to know?

Does anyone have a list of good repeaters to know in the back country of So Cal? 2 meter and 70cm preferably

I'm finally getting around to programming my radio and I was hoping some of the other ham's around here might know good repeaters for places like calico, big bear, JV (although I here there really is no good repeater for JV, but that is also good information to have ahead of time). I've found lots of repeater list in fact probably to many so I was hoping some of you might have some first hand knowledge or even know a guy who knows a guy. I'm also working up a shortened set of instructions for things like manual repeater programming and cross band repeat setup just so I don't have to have the whole manual with me at all times, I'm learning that everything I remember how to do is usually missing at least one step.

Specific places I would like to have repeater information for are as follows, but if you know a good one for any place not listed I'm sure some one could use it if not me so don't be shy.

Calico
    JV (Cougar Buttes or Hammers if different)
    Stoddard Valley
    Big Bear, I have Keller but I haven't tested it everywhere up there.
    Truck Haven
    Glamis
    Pismo

Thanks in advance (even if its to tell me I suck at searching and the information is easily obtainable if I could only spell worth a crap)

Well, for JV:
    Mt Rodman 147.885+ pl 152.4(linked to the Barstow repeater)
    Big Bear: 147.330+ pl 131.8
    LV Simplex: 146.415 (there's usually someone monitoring)

There's lots of other repeaters that cover JV. Just plug in all the repeaters in the SB mtns. and try them out when out here.

This should get you started.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Cool, any help is appreciated, I seem to have caught the bug and have now ordered a hand held to go with the mobile.

Comment

Big Bear
        Keller Peak 146.385+ PL 146.2 covers all of the Big Bear Area except Hwy 38 near Onyx Summit and Hwy 18 near Cactus Flat. Good coverage of Hwy 330 and the L.A. Basin to the Pacific Ocean.
        Big Bear 147.330+ PL 131.8 covers the Big Bear Lake area, but doesn't cover Hwy 38 near Onyx Summit or anywhere past the ridgeline to the north of Big Bear Lake. Coverage extends west to about CA-57 freeway.

Truck Haven
        Monument Peak 147.240+ PL 103.5 this is linked to the Black Mountain repeater. Covers the east side of the mountains from Anza Borrego Desert State Park to the Salton Sea, and south to I-8.

Glamis
        Black Mountain 147.120+ PL 103.5 this is linked to the Monument Peak repeater. Covers the area from Ocotillo Wells to the Colorado River, north to Desert Center and Blythe along I-10 and south to the Mexican border.
        Last edited by Russ Chung; 02-14-11, 10:23 PM.
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          Well, for JV:
          Mt Rodman 147.885+ pl 152.4(linked to the Barstow repeater)
          Big Bear: 147.330+ pl 131.8
          LV Simplex: 146.415 (there's usually someone monitoring)

There's lots of other repeaters that cover JV. Just plug in all the repeaters in the SB mtns. and try them out when out here.

This should get you started.
          Hi Roger,
          You might want to check the Rodman reference: my 2 references have it as a - offset and no pl. They may be old however.
          Mike
          "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

My 2010 repeater guide also shows - offset. I'm sure it's a typo.

That part of the band, - makes sense. If it were a positive offset, it would be out of the FCC allowed range for 2m. (147.885 MHz + 600 kHz = 148.485 MHz, and 148 MHz is the upper limit).
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Oops! it's a negative offest and the pl is 151.4Hz. Poor proofreading - sorry.
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
              X