Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see pics of your ham gear

Ok what I have is like meager equipment compared to many of you guy's. Lets see pictures of your ham radio shack-equipment. Mobile, even an H/T, field day or whatever. Post up.

My junk

"Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Ignorant when it comes to this

Matt -- I know nothing @ HAM radios. Can you monitor CB chatter between rigs on a trail from your HAM unit @ ur house? I know HAM units are much more powerful than CB's, but that's where my knowledge ends...just interested.

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]
      Matt - She's a beauty eh?? [/COLOR]

Originally posted by red baron 13 View Post
      Matt -- I know nothing @ HAM radios. Can you monitor CB chatter between rigs on a trail from your HAM unit @ ur house? I know HAM units are much more powerful than CB's, but that's where my knowledge ends...just interested.
      [COLOR="Sienna"]Baron - (sorry don't know real name), check these out.

How to get your ham license & study guides, etc.

I'll be studying to get my license this year.[/COLOR]
      Last edited by USMC 0369; 12-22-10, 12:02 PM.
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by red baron 13 View Post
        Yes I can monitor as they say. Being as how most jeepers CB radios are usually NOT set up right chances are I will not hear them on the trail unless for example they are located in a area that has a great deal of altitude then that could change things. For example,.. the top of John Bull trail in Big Bear. Lots of altitude and it overlooks the desert as well. On the other hand if the CB radio is set up properly and running,.. well with some help behind it then it has the potential to talk all around the USA and even on rare occasion outside of the USA on side band mostly if the proper conditions exist. Trust me I know I have done it countless times.
        Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 12-22-10, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
          [COLOR="Sienna"]
          Matt - She's a beauty eh?? [/COLOR]
          Nick,.. spiral sliced and brown sugar,..good stuff. I am still wondering where to plug in the antenna and the microphone though...LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post

I'll be studying to get my license this year.
            Horray!
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

what does nippletwister have? that day he talked to us from huntington beach on the big bear repeater was neat. he came in with clarity better then a cell phone conversation.
              KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Nick, you are too much!
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

My base station radio

Troy, the radio I use from my house is a Kenwood TM742 Tri-bander 2M, 220, 440.
                  Antenna is a Antron Dual Band:

John & Kristi

Comment

how high is that antenna? i looked up your specs and it says that radio is 50 watts on 2 meter. can you reach the BB repeter with your normal jeep radio? the way you were coming in i expected you were running a fancy yagi directional and alot of watts.
                    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Antenna

The base of the antenna is attached to the roof of the second floor of my building soooo...hmmm, 20 feet.
                      As for the Jeep radio, yes I can hit the BB repeater from my driveway. It's a Yaesu FT2900 with a 5/8 wave 6db stainless steel base loaded antenna. On 2 meters output is 75 watts.....
                      I can also "cross band" thru the Kenwood and talk from my HT while working in the garage or driveway or from as far as I can get simplex contact with the base radio.....
                      John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
                      X