Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouxun Radios

Seems these things are gaining popularity in the U.S. I hope to see their mobile when it comes out.

Just wanted to post an FYI about powerwerx.com being a seller of those radios now. I bought all my anderson power poles from them. They're local, and ship fast.

http://www.powerwerx.com/wouxun-radi...ial-radio.html

Does anybody actually *have* one of these radios yet? Can anybody comment with first hand knowledge on these radios?
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

I don't have the wouxin, but I just purchased a 2 meter feidaxin f150a radio last week. It is another Chinese brand. It works well and you cant beat the price. the total came to 60 bucks with shipping I figured if it got broke or lost its no big deal. It seems to work well and the quality is better then expected.

here are some reviews of a similar wouxun from eham. most of these chinese radios have good reviews http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/8172
    Last edited by Roger; 11-04-10, 10:55 PM.

Comment

my freind and i have some v3 radios coming. i cant imagine they will be anything but great given the reviews.
      KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

They're making a dual-band mobile rig. Rumors are it'll be around $200 with dual-receive, cross band repeat, remote head, etc.

http://www.wouxun.us/item.php?item_id=228 <-- URL to "pre-order" the mobile. They say they're not sure on the pricing yet, but the "pre-order" is no-obligation. I was #422 to "pre-order" it.

Comment

nice! youll have to review that one when you get it. that radio could really shake some things up. i hope they pick a crazy low price like 160 or something.

Comment

I'll let you know. If it's over $200, I'll cancel my order. Anything under will just be a bonus! I'd love it at $160 and would actually probably buy 2. I have an HT and a mobile, and I have 3 vehicles. I'd like to have a mobile in each vehicle, but the big 3 (Yaesu, Kenwood, Icom) are just too darned expensive.

Comment

the radios came in and they are pretty neat. the range is pretty junky but they are out performing our fancy singars bricks, so i can imagine the reports of them having good range for 5w ht's are true. one came tx 136-174/420-520 and the other one was tx136-174/420-450. its cool to have marine VHF avalible without a soldering gun. the stock antennas are very small. ive got an adapter to run my SBB1 with it. im hoping that will give it a little more range. oh and the menus will take some getting used to. they arnt terrible to program manuely but just arnt straight forward. i soppose the same can be said of most HT's. the free software is good but could be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
                the radios came in and they are pretty neat. the range is pretty junky but they are out performing our fancy singars bricks, so i can imagine the reports of them having good range for 5w ht's are true. one came tx 136-174/420-520 and the other one was tx136-174/420-450. its cool to have marine VHF avalible without a soldering gun. the stock antennas are very small. ive got an adapter to run my SBB1 with it. im hoping that will give it a little more range. oh and the menus will take some getting used to. they arnt terrible to program manuely but just arnt straight forward. i soppose the same can be said of most HT's. the free software is good but could be much better.
                How much did it cost and where did you get it Troy...???
                "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

we ended up getting them from powerwerx.com that matterdaddy had posted. its not much of a bonus to go with the version 3 but its not much more money either.
                  the battery is amazing on them. ive been messing with it for three days on the same charge. the FM radio is a nice addition.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
                    we ended up getting them from powerwerx.com that matterdaddy had posted. its not much of a bonus to go with the version 3 but its not much more money either.
                    the battery is amazing on them. ive been messing with it for three days on the same charge. the FM radio is a nice addition.
                    I just got done talking to two guys on 70cm that both have the dual band H/Ts and they are both very impressed. One claimed he paid 91 bucks to his door with the programming software as well. Sez he also dropped it a couple times by mistake and it still works without any issues.

Comment

I just ordered my Wouxun KG-UVD2D. I ordered from wouxun.us. I cant wait. My ham radio left me when my Jeep left. So I may be a Jeepless Jeeper but at least I am not a ham radio operator without a ham radio.
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                        I just ordered my Wouxun KG-UVD2D. I ordered from wouxun.us. I cant wait. My ham radio left me when my Jeep left. So I may be a Jeepless Jeeper but at least I am not a ham radio operator without a ham radio.
                        What happend to your jeep Scott ?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
                          What happend to your jeep Scott ?
                          I sold it and bought a commuter car.... I did it in preparation of a frame off and repower of my 53 chevy. I don't have time for both. I am a passenger seat Jeeper now.
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I sold it and bought a commuter car.... I did it in preparation of a frame off and repower of my 53 chevy. I don't have time for both. I am a passenger seat Jeeper now.
                            Bummer....

Comment

I think you mean KG-UV2D... google didn't like the other one so much.

Let me know when it's here, I want to play with it. (TWSS)

Comment

Working...
                              X