Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've set up my old 2m radio in the house

I've set up my old 2m radio in the house. It's 40+ watts into a Ringo Ranger up 30'. I can access these repeaters from home:

177.330 Big Bear
    145.280 Table mtn
    147.090 Catalina Island
    146.940 Quartize Mtn (Victorville)
    147.885 Mt. Rodman (East of Newberry Springs above I-40)
    and a few local repeaters in Victorville.

I'd like to try to make contact with you guys on the Big Bear and/or the Catalina Island repeater. Post up which repeaters you can access and let me know when is a good time or PM me your phone number.
    Roger ~ n6ujm
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Catalina

Roger, will be home watchin football and I will keep an ear on Catalina for the rest of today....I'm off tomorrow so I might be up late as well tonight....during the week any evening....
    John & Kristi

Comment

I can hit Catalina, but my radio isn't mounted in anything right now. The rains flooded my Jeep and almost took out my radio. I pulled it out and it's inside now. I'm waiting for a "quote" from a friend on some parts to get the other vehicles ready for radios.
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
        I can hit Catalina, but my radio isn't mounted in anything right now. The rains flooded my Jeep and almost took out my radio. I pulled it out and it's inside now. I'm waiting for a "quote" from a friend on some parts to get the other vehicles ready for radios.
        Check out this thread about cheap power supplys. If you PM the OP I'm sure he will help you out.
        http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17037
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Congrats on gettin' that baby up and glad to catch you on the air! I wish everyone had a ham radio.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
            Check out this thread about cheap power supplys. If you PM the OP I'm sure he will help you out.
            http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17037
            PM sent. I've heard that guy is a jerk though.

I need to figure out an antenna (under 36 ft. of course) for a radio in the house too. Looks like I need to send a PM to the guy who suggested "step 2" in that thread also. Hopefully he's less of a jerk than the OP of that thread. :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
              PM sent. I've heard that guy is a jerk though.

I need to figure out an antenna (under 36 ft. of course) for a radio in the house too. Looks like I need to send a PM to the guy who suggested "step 2" in that thread also. Hopefully he's less of a jerk than the OP of that thread. :gun:
              I doubt he is. Give me a call instead. I'd love to help.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

From Oceanside, you should be able to hit Catalina with a J-Pole on the roof eave.
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                  From Oceanside, you should be able to hit Catalina with a J-Pole on the roof eave.
                  Yeah, the 36-ft. reference was in regards to our city council approving a new city ordinance limiting limiting the height of antennae at 36 ft. by lumping in amateurs with commercial radio use. (On a positive note, the January 5th city council meeting has an agenda item to start work on separating amateur regulations into a separate section of the ordinance).

Comment

Working...
                  X