Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help tuning Radio

I just got a new CB, looking for pionters to get the best out of her. i never really tuned a radio. I usally take them to the CB guy
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

I have a meter, I'm available tomorrow early afternoon if you are.
    I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

I ended up going to the CB guy at the truck stop by the Outpost to buy my most recent antenna for my JK and a few other things. He also tuned two CBs for me for a very fair price. Tuning was the CB itself and the antenna.
      Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
        I ended up going to the CB guy at the truck stop by the Outpost to buy my most recent antenna for my JK and a few other things. He also tuned two CBs for me for a very fair price. Tuning was the CB itself and the antenna.
        Thats were i usally take it, i was hoping to learn something on how to do it.....

this is the radio that should be here in a few minutes VIA UPS

Comment

Well the radio just showed up..... Its a pretty nice rig

Comment

Well she failed the antenna test so now i need to find a good tunable antena. I really like the firesticks just cant find a 4 or 5 footer locally with a tuneable tip

Comment

Scott,

What about the Pilot Truck Stop on Hwy395. They have a bunch of Firestick stuff inside.

Comment

What about the Pilot Truck Stop on Hwy395. They have a bunch of Firestick stuff inside.
                Thats where I got mine.
                I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

I looked there and they did not have the screw in adjustable tip one. i might just go with a cut to tune one for now

Comment

The TA Truck Stop off of the 10 at Milliken (Ontario) might have the Firestick that you are looking for. You could give them a call before you journey down the hill.

I have had better luck with a 3 foot Wilson than I did with my 4 foot Firestick. I could never get it down below a 2.5 on the SWR.

By the way, I have a meter that you can use if you need one.
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Theres a bunch of truckstops at Lenwood in Barstow. Place is loaded with CB antennas!

Comment

Originally posted by chris142 View Post
                        Theres a bunch of truckstops at Lenwood in Barstow. Place is loaded with CB antennas!
                        yeah i checked them all and no luck on the 5ft with screw tip.

hopefully this week ill just take it over to the pilot on 395 and let the cb guy work his majic and call me when hes done LOL

Comment

Scott,

I've been looking for months at every truckstop for a tunable Firestik antenna. I finally ordered it from the web. I selected standard shipping and it only took three days to get to me.
                          http://www.rightchannelradios.com/fi...b-antenna-110/
                          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                          KI6MLU

Comment

Firestick is in Phoenix. It shouldn't take long to ship. Or you could be there and back just inside of 13 hours. Pick me on up too if you go.
                            Those left standing
                            Will make millions
                            Writing books on ways
                            It should have been
                            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

ill order one in the AM

Comment

Working...
                              X