Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help locating a tone encoder

Hey MJR Hams, I need your help, I'm looking for a com-spec TE 32 tone encoder. Please check with your ham friends and see if they have one in their pile of stuff.

Here's some information on it if you don't know what it is:
    http://www.com-spec.com/te32.htm

I didn't want to post it in the Jeep parts for sale section since it's not really a Jeep part.

Please let me know if you locate one and the price.

Thanks,

Roger ~ n6ujm
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

hmm some more ham equipment that i dont understand...imagine that lol. whats this gizmo for?
    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Troy,

I've installed an old two meter radio in the house as a base station. It's a Kenwood TR-7850. It's one of the most rugged and easiest radios to program ever built. The drawback with it is it had no tone encoder built in. Almost all repeaters need a sub-auditable tone to open it up - "PL tone".

I have an older tone encoder (TE-12p) that you have to set dip switches for the tones you want and it's limited to only 12 tones stored. The T-32 I'm looking for covers all the tones commonly used on the 2 meter band. They are preprogramed in.

When selecting a repeater on the 2m radio, I still have to turn the dial to the pl I want. It's not automatic. But my old radio still works great and I'm not in a position to buy a new one.

Now you know!
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
      X