Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB mount for my TJ

Its time to mount my CB radio. I'm not sure where to put it. Where have you had luck with? I have one of the smaller Uniden radios. The only custom mounting bracket I've seen is from Quadratech. It mounts the CB to the side of the center console next to the T-case lever, and your right leg. Has anyone used this? If so, is it in the way for a daily driver? Does anyone have any suggestion? Please include a pic of your idea, if possible. There was an overhead mount that a guy in my club has, that I really like, but it is no longer available. Are there any overhead mounts out there that I can still buy?

Also, I've recently moved to the Long Beach area. Are there any good CB shops around here? The shop I've been going to is in Torrance, and I'd like to find someplace closer.

Thanks for any help. Joe
    It was like that when I got here.

This is what I did.

larger image MP - Jeep CB Mount Bracket Mini CB TJ
    $25.95
    97-06 TJ No Drill Jeep CB Mount Bracket for Mini CB.
    Includes: CB mount bracket, microphone mounting bracket & hardware. Works with Cobra 19DXIV, Uniden Pro 510XL, & other compact CB's 5"W x 7"D max.

Click Here for Installation Instructions

Model: MP100002055-00
    Manufactured by: MP 4x4

larger image
    larger image
    larger image
    I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

A buddy/roommate of mine mounted his to the back of the center console. Keeps it out of the way, but within reach/sight. And allows you to bend wire/coat hanger around the roll cage to hold the mic.

Mounted so, the buttons are facing up to the sky, and the power/antenna plug at pointing down to the ground. I believe he used the simple mount that came with his CB.

He didn't want to do the passenger side of the center console because it effected the already small space for leg room.

Comment

Hey Joe, I live in Long Beach and use this shop up in downey. It's just north of the 105 fwy. They are a small shop and do repairs etc... they will "size" your antenna for like 15 bucks if you need it. I"ve had good business with them.
        Halcon Communications
        12832 Paramount Boulevard Downey, CA 90242-4266 - (562) 861-9656

ps: in my jeep i run the cobra 75.. the unit with everything in the mic. with an external speaker it works really well for trail use and doesn't take up any space...

Comment

Originally posted by spearheadbill View Post
          Hey Joe, I live in Long Beach and use this shop up in downey. It's just north of the 105 fwy. They are a small shop and do repairs etc... they will "size" your antenna for like 15 bucks if you need it. I"ve had good business with them.
          Halcon Communications
          12832 Paramount Boulevard Downey, CA 90242-4266 - (562) 861-9656

ps: in my jeep i run the cobra 75.. the unit with everything in the mic. with an external speaker it works really well for trail use and doesn't take up any space...
          Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. If you ever see me around town, please say hello.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
            Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. If you ever see me around town, please say hello.
            10-4 Good Buddy! Keep the peddle to the metal and the dirty side down... I'll catch you on the flip flop and maybe one day we'll have a convoy!!

Comment

Lakewood here. I've used Halcon for anything CB related. The lady that works there knows anything and everything about radios. Very helpful place.

As far as where to mount it, I put mine (Uniden 520XL Pro) on the bottom of dash on the passenger side, just to the right of the gear shifter. It's easy to reach and out of the way..unless you have a tall passenger. I'm 6'3" and when I sit shotgun my leg hits it at times.

I picked up an auxiliary speaker from Halcon for i think $20. I mounted it to the roll cage just behind my head. It helps a ton when the top is off. Without it I couldn't hear a thing on the CB but now its loud enough where i don't have to have the volume all the way up.
              -Justin

Comment

Originally posted by mJUSTINm View Post
                As far as where to mount it, I put mine (Uniden 520XL Pro) on the bottom of dash on the passenger side, just to the right of the gear shifter. It's easy to reach and out of the way..unless you have a tall passenger. I'm 6'3" and when I sit shotgun my leg hits it at times.
                It will also hit the seat and stop it from the "tumble" part of the "fold & tumble". It will also put a nice little snag in your brand new $500 wet okole seat covers. Ask how I know... :bonk:
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

It doesn't stop my seat from tumbling all the way forward. Maybe that has to do with the different seats in the 03-06 models..
                  -Justin

Comment

Originally posted by mJUSTINm View Post
                    Lakewood here. I've used Halcon for anything CB related. The lady that works there knows anything and everything about radios. Very helpful place.
                    Do they have any Jeep specific mounting brackets? I'm gonna check them out later this week

Comment

I've been searching the web for different types of mounts. Here is the only overhead mount that I've found, thats not a security type.

http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/radiomounts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                        Do they have any Jeep specific mounting brackets? I'm gonna check them out later this week
                        Not that I'm aware of. I drilled straight into the bottom of my dash and used the mounting bracket that my CB came with.
                        -Justin

Comment

Here is the mount I built. Local 4x4 shop wanted $450 to build one. I did it for around $40. There is a piece of angle iron on the top for added strength.

Comment

[QUOTE=chris142;175304]Here is the mount I built. Local 4x4 shop wanted $450 to build one. I did it for around $40. There is a piece of angle iron on the top for added strength.QUOTE]

The self tapping screws, in the window frame, stay tight when your bouncing around?

Hose clamps to hold the rear in place?

Comment

[QUOTE=Tumbleweed13;175335]
                              Originally posted by chris142 View Post
                              Here is the mount I built. Local 4x4 shop wanted $450 to build one. I did it for around $40. There is a piece of angle iron on the top for added strength.QUOTE]

The self tapping screws, in the window frame, stay tight when your bouncing around?

Hose clamps to hold the rear in place?
                              Hasn't come loose or moved in 5+ years.

Comment

Working...
                              X