Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2m advice

I have an alinco dual band that's probably well over 10 years old. I want to replace it (wont hold memory any more). What I want is 2m only (never really used 440 much) and a large display (eyes aren't what they use to be).
    Any advice on what to look at and more important, what to stay away from.
    I haven't kept up with radio technology for a long time.

Scott
    Come to the dark side.....
    We have Cookies!

Scott,

If your radio is a hand held, there's an internal battery that holds the memory. If you replace the battery, you'll be back in business. I just did that to a Kenwood TH-77A. That I've had for a long time.

There's quit a few Ham websites where hams post up their reviews of the latest products. You might what to search these.

Roger
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks Rodger, Im going to check them out.
      The radio Is a mobile and I replaced the battery once. Something killed it after a few days. There's probably some small draw on it.
      Come to the dark side.....
      We have Cookies!

Comment

I would suggest.....

.......the Yaesu FT2900. Rugged, 70Watts output, large display.....:2:
        John & Kristi

Comment

x2 on the 2900
          I have an earlier version of that unit and run it upen top in my jeep, just laying on the floor with a plug into the cig lighter bouncing around all over the place, have done that for 4 years and it still has never had a problem. reason I do that is so I can take the unit out when I get home and no one steals it, the CB is permanently mounted, but worth about 40 bucks from RS.
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
          X