Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CB

I am in the market for a new cb. My question is what is the best cb for under $100? I am unsure weather to go with the Uniden Bearcat PRO 538W CB Radio, or the Cobra 75 WX ST Compact CB Radio and add a external speaker. The cobra has all buttons and functions in the mic. Has anyone used either of these or have a better suggestion?
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris

I think this is one of the best radios you can get for under $100:
    http://www.uniden.com/products/produ...oduct=PRO510XL

I had the Cobra WRXT75 or whatever it's called. Not too durable for SoCal desert conditions. LCD screen takes a beating, and the text on the buttons get sand papered off. Generally worked well though. Didn't need an external speaker.
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I agree with Nathan. I have a dead Cobra CB in my Jeep right now and its only 2 years old. I have a 4 year old Uniden in my truck and there is comparison in the quality. I recommend Uniden radios & scanners.

That's a heck of a good price!

Oh, and one last thing, don't skimp on the antenna. A good antenna will make all the difference in the world.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
        I agree with Nathan. I have a dead Cobra CB in my Jeep right now and its only 2 years old. I have a 4 year old Uniden in my truck and there is comparison in the quality. I recommend Uniden radios & scanners.

That's a heck of a good price!

Oh, and one last thing, don't skimp on the antenna. A good antenna will make all the difference in the world.
        Thanks. I have a good antena right now. The wires that were under my carpet for my current cb rubbed through so they were touching metal and shorted out.
        I think I am going to go with a Uniden.

Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Double AA is selling a very good Cobra 148 Radio. It's posted under Jeep Parts for sale. It would be worth checking out.
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Double AA is selling a very good Cobra 148 Radio. It's posted under Jeep Parts for sale. It would be worth checking out.
            Thanks for the tip

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X