Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAM Radio Install on TJ ?

I'd love to see photos of your radio and antenna installations for HAM radios on the TJ platform. I am getting ready to install one in my Jeep, and would love some mounting ideas. Particularly for the antenna and cable routing.

Thanks,

NW
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Norm, what radio/antenna are you installing? I've found dual band antennas to be a bit more finicky about placement than 2M only.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Have you seen this site for info? It helped me when I did my axle conversion http://www.stu-offroad.com/
      The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

That guys even got a ham on his mountain bike!
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
          I'd love to see photos of your radio and antenna installations for HAM radios on the TJ platform. I am getting ready to install one in my Jeep, and would love some mounting ideas. Particularly for the antenna and cable routing.

Thanks,

NW
          hey, ever seen my Jeep? that smaller antenna right over the spare tire is my 2 meter antenna, it is around 18 inches long or shorter. Most guys do not know it but Firestick makes a antenna for 2 meter, just check with your local firestick dealer and you can order one.
          I used to use a longer one, kinda like one of those loaded whips that was around 4 feet long, kept losing it because of trees, went to this one and never went back.
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

I have a small wire type antenna centered on the roll bar of my jeep.
            It is mounted to a hinge so when i'm not in need of it, i can fold it down, and when i pull into the garage it will fold down instead of bending.

It seems to receive and transmit as well as those hard mounted... sometimes it seems even better.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Brief hi-jack of thread for you HAM radio types. As of this morning my call sign changed to W9ECV /AE. I passed the Extra exam this morning. WooHoo!
              Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
                Brief hi-jack of thread for you HAM radio types. As of this morning my call sign changed to W9ECV /AE. I passed the Extra exam this morning. WooHoo!
                Good job Brian! Congratulations!
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
                  Great job! Are you working any HF?

Comment

Working...
                  X