Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra CB install (pictures)

Here is the CB install. Clean, no wires showing I am OCD about that. I relocated the cig lighter and ash tray (don't smoke, but might use the cig lighter adapter some day) to make cb fit.

Did a radio check and picked up someone about 10-15miles (I am guessing by location he gave) at his home. I am happy!

Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-12-09, 08:47 AM.

Here is the antenna install. I ran the wire under the tail light then inside. I used tie straps and wire anchors to keep the coax in place.

Thanks everyone who helped!

Comment

Looks great Ron,
      You didn't waste any time!

Scott

Comment

Thanks Scott!

Comment

Wow. Nice range. I installed my CB on Sunday and could only transmit about 100 feet. I got some help tuning my antenna last night but I think 10-15 would be a stretch for me even now. Good Job. Did you know Cobra makes that same model with a Bluetooth in it so you can answer your phone over the radio?
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
            Wow. Nice range. I installed my CB on Sunday and could only transmit about 100 feet. I got some help tuning my antenna last night but I think 10-15 would be a stretch for me even now. Good Job. Did you know Cobra makes that same model with a Bluetooth in it so you can answer your phone over the radio?

Thanks! They had black on chrome and chrome on chrome. I went with the black on chrome. I did see that one. I think the price was double though. After the bracket ($27) and antenna adapter ($13) CB ($89) and wire and antenna I think I am into this $180 already...lol!

Comment

It adds up quick. Maybe will see what kind of range we can get in JV on the 23rd.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I agree. Sounds good. I did a few "radio checks" I just map quested one (before I typed this) it was 7 miles. The one I posted I thought was 10+ miles was 6 miles (just map quest it). So, 6-7 miles so far. I am still happy.
                Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-12-09, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X