Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To eliminate or at least greatly reduce electrical noise like from the fuel pump, any 2-way radio should be powered directly by the battery. There's a black grommet by the accelerator pedal you can drill a small hole through to pass the power wire through so it can be connected to the battery. Actually, and more convenient than the battery since it has a small stud for such connections is the power distribution center just in front of the battery. That will still give you power as pure as that on the battery itself. Snap the rear cover off (nearest the battery) and you'll see a stud with a connector from the battery under the nut. Take the nut off and attach your CB's + power lead to it.
    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
      Take the nut off and attach your CB's + power lead to it.
      If your CB + power lead doesn't have a fuse, add one.
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

True

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
        To eliminate or at least greatly reduce electrical noise like from the fuel pump, any 2-way radio should be powered directly by the battery. There's a black grommet by the accelerator pedal you can drill a small hole through to pass the power wire through so it can be connected to the battery. Actually, and more convenient than the battery since it has a small stud for such connections is the power distribution center just in front of the battery. That will still give you power as pure as that on the battery itself. Snap the rear cover off (nearest the battery) and you'll see a stud with a connector from the battery under the nut. Take the nut off and attach your CB's + power lead to it.
        True statement, no engine or accessory noise
        that way it filters it out quite nice. Also, if you have a larger setup like I do then where are you going to put it? I used a ratchet strap right to the roll bar then that way its secure for going off road and easy to remove as well.

"Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

wow i love the ratchet strap holding the cb up, thats really clever. also ive seen them mounted on that little metal bar loop on the windsheild. i use that hole for my bikini top so i cant mount there, but the soundbar would be a great spot! also a little off topic here, how is your hardtop so clean on the inside!!!

Comment

How Is Your Hardtop So Clean On The Inside

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
            wow i love the ratchet strap holding the cb up, thats really clever. also ive seen them mounted on that little metal bar loop on the windsheild. i use that hole for my bikini top so i cant mount there, but the soundbar would be a great spot! also a little off topic here, how is your hardtop so clean on the inside!!!
            Keeping the inside clean even with (windows up)all the dust and dirt of the desert is not all that bad. It's the outside that I cant keep clean. In my case because of the size of my radio system there is no other place I can mount this and as before noted, with the ratchet strap it comes out easy and is VERY solid when wheeling....MATT
            "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

mines filthy, but then again i wheel in mud. that sure is a great setup, i might just steal that!

Comment

Not to jump in,but I have a question; I just inst. a 75 Cobra CB, and ran the + to the fuse block,(add a circut,auto zone). Now,would you hear the diff. between "acc" and the key in the running pos?(fuel pump running)? I cant hear any diff. Did I get lucky?
                :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Working...
                X