Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Putting System in Jeep TJ

Has anyone have experience putting systems in Jeep TJ? Im looking to upgrade my whole entire sound system in my jeep. I have looked everywhere, posted on different forums. And this is the only one that seems to be an active jeep forum. has neone have experience with that?

Im looking to upgrade my sound bar.I purchased a VDP 6 speaker sound bar. It has 2 6" subs, 2 2" midranges, 2 1"tweets...

Let me know. Thanx.
    Kiss my rear differential

You won't need the new sound bar if you put in quality components. If you get top of the line speakers for the dash (2) and stock sound bar (2), a kickass deck and some decent amps, you can definitely rock the trails. A 10" sub + 2 amps will fit in the lock-a-trunk for security with a little advance planning. Try to stay away from flip-down deck faces if you like to hit the dirt/dust.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I am going to have a new system put in the Jeep this year
      whynot, the build is complete and I am just messing with roll cage and stuff.
      I had a killer system installed in the FJC this year from the Audio Shop in Riverside Ca, they are not the cheapest but the work is top notch. Rated in the top 50 stereo shops in the USA by more than 1 mag, they have a reputation to protect, anyway the 200 watt system in teh FJC is crystal clear at full crank and has withheld my wife cranking it till the ears bleed for 6 months now and still sounds great.
      I asked him for a bid for the tj, He told me he could install a system that would make the guys around me give up on their stereos for less than 2 g's and that includes resetting the stereo in the dash so we could put a dust proof plug over the face while wheeling. It would use the stock sound posd and have 10 inchers in the front. I am going go with it. you should check the shoppe out and see his work. it is top notch
      Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

Crutchfield.com
        The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan View Post
          Crutchfield.com
          x2... quality, speed, selection... the only down-side is the price!
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I installed a new head unit only to have the CD fill up with dust in about 6 months. Next time I will get a player that uses a USB cruiser for data storage.
            "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan View Post
              Crutchfield.com
              I gotta agree with this statement. If your order your HU from them, they will supply the faceplate kit and the required cabling.

I didn't go overboard with the sound system in my TJ. I put new speakers in the soundbar, replaced the dash speakers with speakers that had independent tweeters and upgraded the HU. I didn't amp it or put in a sub, and it rocked well enough for me.

Good luck.
              Erik

I fix things.

Comment

starvin student...

Comment

my exhaust and intake drownd out my stereo..very much so when the roof and doors are off. but all i did was put a midrange alpine deck into it. was gonna do the speakers soon all alpines, but shes gone now so no need to worry till i get a new one hey? the deck was super easy to install. and my old stereo had been stolen so the wires were a mess but even still get a wireing schematic and its a peice of cake. i added some foam padding and some extra metal peices in and around it to stop the bouncing of the trails affecting cds as much, but then i usuall just rock the ipod...

Comment

Working...
                  X