Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Players

i cant seem to find a cd player suitable for the jeep. i love my music almost as much as i do wheeling, and im getting tired of not being able to have both at the same time. im just wondering if anyone out there has a good cd/mp3 stereo fit for the trails??
    :devil: Giffer

My Kenwood KDC-M525 works perfect.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

cd player? after scratching just about every cd i took on the trail, i got an ipod
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I agree with the IPOD comment...Sarah and I both have XM Radio, the cool thing about this is that you can plug your IPOD right into the jack.

Did you know that Sarah?

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Yeah i use the AUX input for my Ipod on mine. Best thing ever.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

i had a champion old pioneer single disk player that i used to use in my old s-10 blazer. that thing almost never skipped a beat over large highway bumps, speed bumps, or off-road ditches and tree ruts. only time it was guaranteed to skip is if i got a minimum of 2 wheels off the ground.

i proceeded to transfer it to the remaining 3 vehicles i owned over the course of 10 years before my jeep and never had a problem with it. best $150 i ever spent.

or you can get an ipod.
            03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

I still have the stock head unit and I plug my mp3 player in for music. I installed a WIRED FM modulator. The wireless doohickies don't do too well. I love it. I have a switch and everything. I plan on throwing some pictures on my website when I get around to it. If you have any questions, let me know!
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I Have Had Great Luck With Pioneer Head Units. I Would Say Get Sattelite Radio, I Havent Used My Pioneer Cd Player Since I Installed My Sirius 2 Mos Ago.

Comment

ipod its 60 gigs of music at your finger tips. Think of the new pioneer dvd screen for rock cams and ipod compatible.

Comment

I have to agree..... XM+iPod is about all you'll ever need.
                    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Go with satelite radio, XM or Sirius. It makes your Jeep Rock!:thumbs_up
                      That's a BIG rock!

Comment

I bought a stereo for the YJ that takes a USB thumb-drive. No skipping and no monthly fees. Um... lemme see...

Got it at Best Buy last year. $150 I think?
                        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

i have had horrible results with my pioneer. I thought they were good also but i will try and not buy one again. Its going to go back to the factory on warranty for the 2nd time. I just want my money back or a new player. scratches all my cds
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

I have been lucky so far with my 99 buck sony from wal mart. I have my top down and doors off most of the summer so I didnt want to put a high dollar unit in. As far as cds I always burn some copies and keep them in the Jeep. If someone steals them or I scratch them just burn some more.
                            Dennis
                            04 TJ
                            4.0/Auto
                            RE 4.5 Long Arm
                            Rock-It Man Rockers
                            33x12.50 BFG A/T
                            desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

I can't get a CD player to last more than a year in the jeep...the dust kills them.I use sirius now...just move it between the bike and jeep as needed.
                              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                              X