Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Phone

What do you Tec kids think of the Samsung Galaxy?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

After some 6 years I will be switching to the Galaxy S5 from the iPhone platform next month when it comes out. I'm done waiting on a bigger screen. I've been using a Galaxy Tab for about a month now to get used to the software and I believe it to be far superior than my current iPhone. A lot more freedom to do what you want. Don't need iTunes on all your PC's to access your phone content.
    Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
      After some 6 years I will be switching to the Galaxy S5 from the iPhone platform next month when it comes out. I'm done waiting on a bigger screen. I've been using a Galaxy Tab for about a month now to get used to the software and I believe it to be far superior than my current iPhone. A lot more freedom to do what you want. Don't need iTunes on all your PC's to access your phone content.
      [COLOR="#800000"]Better be careful...Sarah's gonna ban you... [/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I have the 3 and I've been very happy with it. I'm always late the new phone party so no comments about the 4 and the soon to be released 5.

Comment

Also what do you guys recommend for a GPS app. Or other apps for traveling.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

I just started using Backcountry Navigator and I'm liking it. Takes a bit to learn your way around but has really cool maps.
            Check out .

Comment

I use back country navigator on my galaxy tab. love it

Scott
              Come to the dark side.....
              We have Cookies!

Comment

I have the GS3 as well and love it. For trail navigation I still use my Garmin (good topo maps, and I already spent the money on it). For road GPS use, I just use google maps. It has features to save map data to the phone, so if you have a limited data plan, you can pre-download maps when on the wifis.
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Do you use a Google App?

Comment

What do you mean "a google app"? I use many google apps. While I'm a libertarian, I'm not in the VRWC. I still believe in Google and their "don't be evil" motto.

Comment

You need to remember my age. We didn't' have computers when I went to school. I bought my first computer like ten years ago and just started pushing bottoms to learn. I know Nothing about App's . I loaded my first app(game) on the kindle for my grandchildren last week. The reason I got a smartphone was so the kids could send me pictures. So I'm real dumb about this stuff.

Comment

I use the standard Google maps app for street navigation on my phone. It's free and easy for any Android device. Don't carry a GPS anymore. Plus, it syncs with the spots i find on my desktop via maps.Google.com

For offroad navigation I like BC Navigator, but on a 7" Android tablet. My eyes need something bigger than a phone screen when looking at a topo map.

Comment

Thanks got it, I think.
                          Last edited by curtis; 03-23-14, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                            You need to remember my age. We didn't' have computers when I went to school. I bought my first computer like ten years ago and just started pushing bottoms to learn. I know Nothing about App's . I loaded my first app(game) on the kindle for my grandchildren last week. The reason I got a smartphone was so the kids could send me pictures. So I'm real dumb about this stuff.
                            I didn't mean any offense in my reply, I was just wondering if you meant one app (maps) or multiples. As Cliff said, the standard Google Maps does a pretty darn good job. I do carry my GPS on the trail still because the topo maps I have for it are better than google maps and I already spent the money.

If the maps get too outdated or the GPS breaks, I'll do some research on options available on my phone and spend money on a good app, rather than buying a new stand-alone unit.
                            Last edited by Materdaddy; 03-23-14, 10:21 AM.

Comment

No offense taken. When I went on kindle apps there were about 10 different google app's. So I went to Google for app.

Comment

Working...
                              X