Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another GPS question

I'm looking for a simple GPS unit. Yea I know this is a Jeep forum, but I'd like a unit I can transfer from my jeep to my Goldwing with a screen bigger then the hand held style units. I would like it to be thin with a flat back, not one with a round back. I don't see myself "getting into it" and wishing I had all kinds of bells and whistles. I'm just looking for a simple unit that is reliable and reputable. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on it either. Heck, if any of you local to SoCal have one you want to part with used I'd entertain that as well.

Clarification

No I didn't mean for this to be a wanted add. I'm looking for comments and advice. The last part was an after thought.

Comment

Sounds like you want a Garmin Nuvi or Tom-Tom. If your going to be using it off road I would suggest looking at the Nuvi 500. :2:
      Check out .

Comment

I think you can put topos on the Nuvi 500. And if you buy the topos on the memory card style you can swap the card when you hit the dirt. Not sure if it will save and follow tracks or if it will save waypoints. If it did that would be the one. IMO the most important features for offroading are the ability to load and follow saved tracks, and to save waypoints.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
          I think you can put topos on the Nuvi 500. And if you buy the topos on the memory card style you can swap the card when you hit the dirt. Not sure if it will save and follow tracks or if it will save waypoints. If it did that would be the one. IMO the most important features for offroading are the ability to load and follow saved tracks, and to save waypoints.
          The 500 comes with Topo loaded already. It will also save and follow tracks. It's will probably be my next GPS.
          Check out .

Comment

Hmmm maybe me too then. :thumbs_up
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
            X