Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RB1 Nav Unit--disp. Artist/Song/Title/Info???

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB1 Nav Unit--disp. Artist/Song/Title/Info???

Ok....has anybody else put one of these in their Jeep?

I have researched this for a year, and in fact, just got finished reading the PDF of the manual, just to make sure.

I have an 06 LJ, had the RBK radio and Sirius...from the factory. Bought the RB1 yesterday and put it in. Everything works on it, except displaying song/artist/info on the Sat. radio. The FM RDS works fine, nav works fine, Sirius works but no info....
    The ONLY thing I did was switch out HUs (Head Unit). The plugs were the same, everything went together just right.
    Everywhere I read, it says this radio is capable of displaying info, and says nothing of 'software uploads' (:geek:<---dealer is telling me that they have to connect Mr.Orange to the internet, 'talk' to Chyrsler, and then it dl's info and 'tells' my Jeep that I switched the radio from one factory radio to another..)
    or any other mods nesc. to make this work.....
    Hmmm...I smell :poop:
    The Mopar website itself, sells the RB1 with an application for the Jeep, also, with no indication of modifications. Oh, wait, yeah, they 'suggest' a new mounting bracket, but that's it!!

The dealer wants to charge me 95 bucks to connect ol orange to the net...says, 'if it works, then we charge you, if not...then no charge' he says.
    I think it should be looked at/taken care of through warranty, since they are both Mopar Products...and the issue is with the Sirius tuner, not the RB1...
    (Yes, it's the same stealership as Schmo's....)
    :bonk::angry::bonk::angry::bonk:

Please help me figure this out.....
    Thanks for all thoughts, in advance....
    David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
    I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

I must be alone on this, eh?
    Fine.
    Update. I went to the yard that I got the RB1 from, and bought a HD Sirius tuner from an 05 XJ. The plug harness was the same dimensions (pin #) and fit right in. Two issues....
    1. Colors of old plug harness were a different collection. He had cut the harness, so I am able to see it.
    2. One on the pin positions is different, same number, but one of them is in a different spot.

I don't get it....Even the bigger tuner, which has two wires for the antenna, fits right on the bracket that came from the factory. The bracket is still from Delphi, which is the Sirius equipment line.

There has got to be some one here that can point me in the right direction, somewhere in the San Fernando Valley, or online, to get this info, wiring diagrams for factory setups....any help.
    :dunno:

Comment

Can you return it? It sounds like it'd be much easier to get something like this one but for Sirius instead ... and you can listen to it in your house as well (or your friend's jeep!) That's the one I have, and I just take it with me and plug it in via a simple headphones audio plug.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

After hearing some of Joe's stories about his stealership, I'd be headin' somewhere else!
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

If your settings are correct, then you SHOULD be able to see the song info. However, there ought to be something in the instructions described as "ever scroll"--info re station, song title, artist is displayed across the screen.

But, there is always the pitch a fit in the parts department until they fix it for free routine! I really don't know how the dealerships stay in business.
          Money pit!

Comment

I actually found some posts on Jeepforum.com specific to this issue.
            And I already have an old Sportster Sirius portable that have for the house, but the whole point is to have the stock look with the factory Sirius and the nav, all built in. I researched this for a year, and everywhere I read, and even an online vendor, which turned out to be a Jeep dealer in PA!! He has sold plenty of these 'factory authorized' radios applied to the Wrangler, and has had no call backs. :dunno:

Comment

Case Closed...

I have actually figured this out, so if anyone needs help on this subject....let me know....

BTW....The RB1 is a great addition to the TJ...
              If you want in dash nav and a louder sounding system, without the hassle of custom radio bezels and plug adapters, then this is the way to go..

Comment

What was the issue?
                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Just scroll down.....:homer:

Comment

Working...
                  X