Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Canyon North Rim and Bryce Canyon

My family went out for a last minute summer vacation run just before Labor Day, and found ourselves in an epic Monsoon weather pattern, but it was either that or the half dozen major forest fires in the Sierra's, and I hate the smell of smoke, so we choose water instead of fire.

We headed towards Grand Canyon North Rim because I've never been there. The plan was to camp somewhere along Point Sublime, but the forest service said the road was impassable, not just the mud, but about hundred trees had fallen across the trail due to the storms....We thought about heading north towards Escalante, but the BLM field report was not encouraging:

So we just did the touristy stuff, and had fun doing it. Got some decent photos, thanks to the weather.

my daughters new feet:

lots of rain in the background!

Bryce was nice. There were thunderstorms all around us, but over head was sunny. It was cool listening to the thunder roll through the hoodoo's

Going down Wallstreet:

huge trees in the bottom of the slot canyon!

Some impressive rain near Las Vegas!

There was so much moisture in the air, you could SEE sunlight beaming off the reflectors at the new solar farm:

Check out this photo of Soda Lake, with a rain storm and dust devil co-existing:

All in all, it was a short trip, but fun!
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Nathan, very nice pictures. I love the look of huge storms in the distance, just a wall of water from the sky to the ground.

Comment

beautiful! great photos
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Working...
        X