Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Nevada

some photos from my trip to southern Nevada last week :-) Not much tough 4 wheeling, but plenty of awesome scenery, I had a great time!

[COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Beautiful. I could handle that. Good water there?
    holes = cowbell

Comment

apparently the entire valley area there has alot of water underneath it. nobody has trouble with wells.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Do you know how deep the water table is? Out here wells are typically between 200 and 400 feet deep and often drilled through hard rock. If you hit water at say, 100' you probably want to drill to 200' or so to keep a good reserve.

"Iron water" is a problem in some parts of the valley and surrounding mountains. It's rust-colored and often has that rotten egg sulfur smell to it. I know of at least one hot spring up here. If you hit iron water in one hole, you might hit sweet water a short distance away, but at $20K or more per hole that's an expensive gamble. Some people have installed expensive reverse osmosis filtration systems and such to deal with it. I'm fortunate that my area of the valley has sweet, sparking, beautiful water, and plenty of it.
        holes = cowbell

Comment

I don't know the specifics on the water.

I've never smelled any sulfur from the water when I've been there, but maybe it's been filtered, I don't know.

I do remember every now and then getting a sulfur smell from our well water back home in Louisiana.

Comment

Just one of the things I think about when I think about land.

Hard wheeling or not, that looks like a great place to explore. Wonder if there are any good fossils to be found there?
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Great pics, love the blue skies! Especially the first one
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
              X