Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saffire Skies over BBL

I took these photo's of Big Bear Lake a couple of snows ago. The sky had a blue tint to it all day.

Interesting camera effects when pointed at the sun.

Comment

Very beautiful scenery you captured there. I like your composition too. That is some cool lens flare. I especially like it in the second to last photo. Funny they're even putting LF in video games for "realism" and "wow" effects, even though it's really an artificial lens phenomenon.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

These pict's are straight out of the camera. Different lenses have different effects when shooting directly at the sun.

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't implying that you had photoshop'd the lens flare in. By artificial lens I meant to differentiate it from the human eye, which doesn't produce the same effect.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Very nice shots Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
              Funny they're even putting LF in video games for "realism" and "wow" effects, even though it's really an artificial lens phenomenon.
              The movie Star Trek was shot in it's entirety and then lens flash was added all over the place. It supposedly added a sense of reality to the film although I think they really overdid it. But it does make for dramatic photos.

Nice shots Mike.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                The movie Star Trek was shot in it's entirety and then lens flash was added all over the place. It supposedly added a sense of reality to the film although I think they really overdid it. But it does make for dramatic photos.
                Lense flares are added to films all the time, Star Trek just got a double dose, haha!

Looks like it was a beautiful day out there, thanks for sharing Mike!
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I've noticed that each of my cameras shoot differently into the sun. One of them dosen't have any effect at all, but this particular one goes wild everytime.

Comment

The number of lens elements makes a difference, and what makes a big difference is the coatings on the surfaces of the lens. As well as what type of glass (or plastic, in some cases, haha!) the lens elements are made out of, and their shape. The shape of the iris of the lens (aperture blades) changes the look of the flare as well. Some have 5 blades, some have more, and some have curved blades.

Lenses are interesting
                    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
                    X