Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okefenokee Swamp

After a couple days relaxing in St Simons Island over my birthday, Tammy and I checked out the Okefenokee Swamp on the way back home. This is an awesome place. For sure it is not a "Kalifornia" adventure park. There are no fences, no rails on elevated walkways, no doors on the train tour, and you can get up close and personal with the wildlife. A few times I was within 10 feet of large alligators so I could take closeup pictures. A very cool place. The snakes and more gators will come out in the next month as the temps rise for summer. Enjoy!

Mitch

The tannic acid in the swamp water creates a beautiful mirror effect on the water surface

The sign is there for a reason, of course thats right where I went to take pictures.

This guy was right next to some train tracks, just getting some sun. I got within 10 feet till he started growling

Georgia Black Vulture

Barred Owl

Florida Soft Shelled Turtle

Last edited by Mitch; 03-17-13, 07:39 AM.

Beautiful place!
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Great Pics!

Comment

Mitch, we were there on our around the country trip a couple of years ago. The area was very interesting. I assumed you would have a Pogo photo.
        Rich

Comment

Pogo, as in the denizen of the swamp? No such luck

Comment

Gator hunting! Nice shots! Been there back in the 70's
            97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
            WEB site

Comment

http://www.okeswamp.com/your-visit/pogo-and-walt-kelly
              Rich

Comment